38r BatMoWheel Update

TyCorr

Reaction score
I do have gaskets and bolts. I didn't see any signs of leaks besides the rear exhaust ports on both sides. And both sides I could tighten the bolts the rest were really tight still.

Can you hear the exhaust leak? Like a ticking sound...usually anyway. Unless the leak is.large enough theres no restriction then it just blows soot everywhere...

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Ok, bill got my injectors and they are in the truck, in the next couple of days he is going to tune the truck and make some baseline runs without the wheel and then install the BMW and run it again. He said he's going to try and video everything but I know he is a super busy guy so don't hang me if he doesn't get any video of it lol..... I do like the fact that after he got the injectors in and then took it down the street, he sends me a text saying" this thing is just stupid " but he did say just like everyone else has that he really thinks I will need something bigger than the 38r but that's for another topic since this is all about the batmo lol

Power Hungry

Reaction score
And just for reference, I meant "stupid" in a good way! Even with some off the shelf 250cc tunes, this thing was a monster. Once we get it on the dyno, we'll get the tuning dialed in and see how she does. I suspect that I may have to turn the tuning down quite a bit because I simply do not think there is enough turbo in the 38R to clear everything up adequately. I'm really hoping that the BMW is going to help in the low/mid RPM range with smoke control.

We will see! And yes, I'll be shooting videos of before and after. :D

Wicked

Reaction score
And just for reference, I meant "stupid" in a good way! Even with some off the shelf 250cc tunes, this thing was a monster. Once we get it on the dyno, we'll get the tuning dialed in and see how she does. I suspect that I may have to turn the tuning down quite a bit because I simply do not think there is enough turbo in the 38R to clear everything up adequately. I'm really hoping that the BMW is going to help in the low/mid RPM range with smoke control.

F'N AWESOME!!!!!!!!!1

Lowdown89

Reaction score

Haha I Should have added a few excited smilies around the part where I was quoting what you said to show my excitement lol

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
i put the 1.0 housing back on. i like it better, pulls harder all the way through the egt's are the same, and less smoke. i may just need live tuning with the 1.15. im also sure i have right 1.15 the turbing wheel is just as tight in the housing as the 1.0. doesnt really matter because my low pressure s483 is going on in a few weeks.. which ill probibly do the 1.15 with a wastegate.

Big Bore

Reaction score
i put the 1.0 housing back on. i like it better, pulls harder all the way through the egt's are the same, and less smoke. i may just need live tuning with the 1.15. im also sure i have right 1.15 the turbing wheel is just as tight in the housing as the 1.0. doesnt really matter because my low pressure s483 is going on in a few weeks.. which ill probibly do the 1.15 with a wastegate.

Didnt it run good after you fixed the leaks the first time? Seems like you never really found the problem, and since it ran good at one point, then had issues, you obviously had a problem somewhere.

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
I tried everything.. Tightened,retightened,replaced bolts and clamps, checked again.. Pressurized the whole system Put the 1.0 back on and It feels real strong..

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
8ba77f2d.jpg

35a0d7ec.jpg

1b979321.jpg

aa6d477b.jpg

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
Yea just wanted to show I have the right housing.

One question I have , is there any replaceable seal between the exhaust housing and compressor side? I didn't put the 1.15 on but when I put the 1.0 back on it was just housing to housing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online