4 link suspension

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
top gun customz has top quality stuff, and those do look sweet! No personal experience w/ it though

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I just got my second set of ouo Ala's , goddamn they are sweet. Ride is so nice and no hop no matter what I do. Steering seems a lot tighter as well.

MINK

Reaction score
I run a PMF 3-link, so far so good but I havnt had it on the pulling track yet.

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 234

MINK

Reaction score
That looks good mink. How's it ride compared to stock?

Better forsure, bumpsteer was always an issue but not anymore - took allot of the "bounce" out of the ride. I am running a 2" leveling kit and stock shocks right now. I'm pleased with them for there street manners alone although I bought them in hopes of not having a issue when I go to sled pull it.

Smokyred

Reaction score
I bought the RCD 4 link kit. Now if I had some time to put it on I could tell you how I like it. It does look pretty good sitting on my shelf though!

Dave

CAT35niner

Reaction score
I have a RCD 4 link. I love the looks and ride. No more bump steer which was said by shane. No complaints so far.

Layson

Reaction score
are there any pros and cons vs 3 link and a 4 link setup?

Your steering on your front axle was designed around a radius arm setup. So that is the way I would go. I would stick with One Up Offroad ALA's. No bumpsteer...

Also, OUO are offset so you actually will get a tighter turning radius over stock.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Your steering on your front axle was designed around a radius arm setup. So that is the way I would go. I would stick with One Up Offroad ALA's. No bumpsteer...

Also, OUO are offset so you actually will get a tighter turning radius over stock.

im not exactly following, are you saying the 3 link is better off tha n a 4 link setup? Im asking what the difference is between 3 link and 4 link. I know how it works, but which works better than the other, if at all.

lusklxix

Reaction score
I too am wondering what the benefits might be over a 3 or 4 link setup. I know when it comes to offroading a 4 link is preferred. I dont plan on doing anything other than driving my truck as a daily driver and the possibility of a trip down the track.

Layson

Reaction score
im not exactly following, are you saying the 3 link is better off tha n a 4 link setup? Im asking what the difference is between 3 link and 4 link. I know how it works, but which works better than the other, if at all.

Not trying to start a battle here but here are my thoughts. Some don't agree but here you go.

1) The OEM steering is matched to a 3-link not a 4-link. If you put a 4-link on your truck you will probably get bump steer and you will feel it it in the steering wheel. It will also add additional stress on your steering box, drag link, and track rod as well as your ball joints. It does the same thing as changing a pitman arm and not changing the track rod bracket.

2) The rubber bushings in the axle are not designed to twist like the 4-link needs them to, so the bolts are going to work loose or it will tear up the bushings. Those big rubber bushings don't magically turn into uni-balls. They were not built to be used like that.

3) The 3-link is part of a sway bar system and putting a 4-link on a truck that came with a 3-link will require a bigger sway bar because there will be more body roll.

4) An item that may not be a large factor but still should be considered is at full suspension droop. The U-joint is at more of an angle on a 4-link and could bind up and cause a drive shaft or t-case failure.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
thats along the lines of the answer I was looking for. Im looking into a 3 link setup form trevor.

Layson

Reaction score
You should give Marty a call at Trucktoyzperformance too! Check out OUO ALAs

Latest posts

Members online