40-45 mph hop/vibration issue

sootie

Reaction score
Have to admit a chev does drive nicer.

i guess we'll have to agree to disagree,

chevs ride "like a rock" in the rear and like a marshmallow in the front. nevermind the horrible uncertainty of the direction you will be headed after hitting a bump in a curve at speed.

Jesse_01

Reaction score

chevs ride "like a rock" in the rear and like a marshmallow in the front. nevermind the horrible uncertainty of the direction you will be headed after hitting a bump in a curve at speed.
Haha drive a f350 with a camper/snow plow package. The whole truck is like a rock. Also bump steer has always been a problem with these trucks. In full stock form, ifs is the only way to go for ride.

neverkickn

Reaction score
It was a question. Could you just get a duramax? LOL...no vibration.

I guess but I. Am kinda committed for a few yearsLOL

Haha drive a f350 with a camper/snow plow package. The whole truck is like a rock. Also bump steer has always been a problem with these trucks. In full stock form, ifs is the only way to go for ride.

I have factory ifs in my ford :shrug:

TyCorr

Reaction score

Whats the newest one youve driven? Those sound like lbz and prior issues. The 11 I had for a year drove and rode pretty good but was just a pos in general. Then in oct of 11 I got a 12 which was similar but the rear springs were different. It sits about 2" higher. The axle is forward (i think) of the center point of the leaf pack. It rode, handled and towed like a dream. It was the fifth one Ive had and it is the ine that made me enjoy driving them. The lbz was great for stock power but the rest of the truck was meh. That 12 would riiip! Then around 100k **** started getting goofy but not in the frontend so much. Then the turbo and the hpfp went buh-bye and I traded it in for a 3500srw z71 all white and black cloth interior (the worst attribute honestly, black mexican disco shirt cloth). Even with 1k lbs in the bed and a trailer hooked on its bouncy in the rear. Im not even firmly planted on the overloads! So what Im saying, things have changed for the better every model even though they claim there are no changes since 11 besides tye rear spring pack. Im not trying to sell you but if you think they earned my like easy, search for my thread about the 11. I was not impressed. To be fair, I have not driven but two 6.7s and the first was an 11 scsb lariat. It was a nice truck. I also drove a 13 kr cclb dually from a party to a bar and it was lifted and all unstock so it wasnt a fair representation but the interior was frikkin awesome! What a nice rig. Black/red king ranch interior.

The front end of the 14 is solid. I 5hink the new ones are ugly hence a leftover 14 and it saved about 12 grand.

Jesse_01

Reaction score
Imo the lbz power is lacking compared to the competition, even when tune them. I like the 15 chev/gmc interior over the earlier models. They finally have a rear seat that someone can fit in.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Imo the lbz power is lacking compared to the competition, even when tune them. I like the 15 chev/gmc interior over the earlier models. They finally have a rear seat that someone can fit in.

The cab is the same isnt it? :shrug:

The backseats suck jn everything besides a superduty.

Jesse_01

Reaction score
The cab is the same isnt it? :shrug:

The backseats suck jn everything besides a superduty.
No, the 2015 is larger. They got rid of the suicide door cab and have 2 crew cab models.

The dodge mega cab has lots of room in the back seat. Fit a queen size bed in there when you fold it down.

TyCorr

Reaction score
No, the 2015 is larger. They got rid of the suicide door cab and have 2 crew cab models.

The dodge mega cab has lots of room in the back seat. Fit a queen size bed in there when you fold it down.

Hmmmmm.....didnt notice...megacab is out. They only come with prettyboy sized beds. Gayest ***kin shti ever.

sootie

Reaction score

we have one equipped that way...no issue with bump steer...

i would rather be consistent over bumps than ricocheted in any given direction.

Whats the newest one youve driven? Those sound like lbz and prior issues. The 11 I had for a year drove and rode pretty good but was just a pos in general. Then in oct of 11 I got a 12 which was similar but the rear springs were different. It sits about 2" higher. The axle is forward (i think) of the center point of the leaf pack. It rode, handled and towed like a dream. It was the fifth one Ive had and it is the ine that made me enjoy driving them. The lbz was great for stock power but the rest of the truck was meh. That 12 would riiip! Then around 100k **** started getting goofy but not in the frontend so much. Then the turbo and the hpfp went buh-bye and I traded it in for a 3500srw z71 all white and black cloth interior (the worst attribute honestly, black mexican disco shirt cloth). Even with 1k lbs in the bed and a trailer hooked on its bouncy in the rear. Im not even firmly planted on the overloads! So what Im saying, things have changed for the better every model even though they claim there are no changes since 11 besides tye rear spring pack. Im not trying to sell you but if you think they earned my like easy, search for my thread about the 11. I was not impressed. To be fair, I have not driven but two 6.7s and the first was an 11 scsb lariat. It was a nice truck. I also drove a 13 kr cclb dually from a party to a bar and it was lifted and all unstock so it wasnt a fair representation but the interior was frikkin awesome! What a nice rig. Black/red king ranch interior.

The front end of the 14 is solid. I 5hink the new ones are ugly hence a leftover 14 and it saved about 12 grand.

you are right-mine was an lbz.

that being said..one of our salesman just bought a 14 and apparently the front ends are beefed up etc. time will tell i guess. still cant stand the feel of ifs and the interiors are mediocre.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
did some digging on the left rear axle spindle.. have videos but signal is low and upload would take forever.. im certain something is bent. vids to come.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.