4EverBoosted1 Elite Built 6.7 Thread

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
On a side note...

Kaleb have you considered a bd power blow off valve? I dunno if that might be a good idea to stop some compressor surge? Is it even nessicary or a big fat waste of $$$?

Anyone with opinions?

We are way ahead of you brotha ;)

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I'll take the heat on this one. I feel it is necessary. Slowing down 100k+ rpms, no safer way than a BOV in my opinion. Saves me from making another trip to Austin to replace a turbo from chirping a charger one too many times.

what turbo will be hitting 100k ? either turbo will be outta their map at that rpm, and the gates should be doing their job to keep them there. those bov's are a ***king turd. ive had a couple. nothing but dumb noise and headaches, for me at least.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
I'll take the heat on this one. I feel it is necessary. Slowing down 100k+ rpms, no safer way than a BOV in my opinion. Saves me from making another trip to Austin to replace a turbo from chirping a charger one too many times.

No heat needed to be taken. It was all of our call, your truck and Colton's both love the BOV so it's a good idea IMO.

MorganY

Reaction score
what turbo will be hitting 100k ? either turbo will be outta their map at that rpm, and the gates should be doing their job to keep them there. those bov's are a ***king turd. ive had a couple. nothing but dumb noise and headaches, for me at least.

I apologize, the low pressure, 85-90k rpms. I have not had that same experience with mine, which is why I made that decision. Mine does exactly what it needs to do, and for lesser quality chargers, such as my own, it helps make sure they don't explode from dumping the throttle too quickly. I don't know any better because I have never had these issues come to my attention.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Dan

Reaction score
IMO, it's the gayest sound when a bov activates, BUT. If it saves a couple expensive chargers, well that's totally worth it!!

The PSSSSSSSSSHHT sound is such a turbos civic sound and fwah-fwah-fwah-fwah sounds WAY more mainly... But fwah-fwah-fwahBOOOM isn't so manly! Hahaha hope I explain this! Hahahaha

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I apologize, the low pressure, 85-90k rpms. I have not had that same experience with mine, which is why I made that decision. Mine does exactly what it needs to do, and for lesser quality chargers, such as my own, it helps make sure they don't explode from dumping the throttle too quickly. I don't know any better because I have never had these issues come to my attention.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

totally understood for JB turbos. mine was kind of a bitch to adjust, sometimes it wouldnt activate at all, and sometimes it would activate low in the TPS. i personally think its just one more thing to plumb, leak, fail, and just plain annoy somebody. when it works it is a great safety factor for a less resiliant center section.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
For the record, I did not like the idea of running a bd bov. I hate that bd's units are controlled by a solenoid that can fail, and a very cheap signal box that looks like it came out of a cereal box. I still like the idea of a mechanical valve. Mine doesn't work like it used to, and unless you take your foot off the gas as fast as possible, it won't work. It's not needed with this setup, but it is reassuring that your chargers aren't going to blow from back feeding. That is, until the gate starts opening on its own, and you can't build boost...

Dan

Reaction score
For the record, I did not like the idea of running a bd bov. I hate that bd's units are controlled by a solenoid that can fail, and a very cheap signal box that looks like it came out of a cereal box. I still like the idea of a mechanical valve. Mine doesn't work like it used to, and unless you take your foot off the gas as fast as possible, it won't work. It's not needed with this setup, but it is reassuring that your chargers aren't going to blow from back feeding. That is, until the gate starts opening on its own, and you can't build boost...

Can I ask what you are using to activate your mechanical bov? Drive pressure? With no throttle plate I don't know how you would get it to release pressure...

mclean

Reaction score
Can I ask what you are using to activate your mechanical bov? Drive pressure? With no throttle plate I don't know how you would get it to release pressure...

google jgs or search it on compd. Drive pressure plumped to the top of the bov to hold it closed and boost to the bottom, as soon as it loses drive pressure the boost pressure opens it up

Latest posts

Members online