4EverBoosted1 Elite Built 6.7 Thread

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Can I ask what you are using to activate your mechanical bov? Drive pressure? With no throttle plate I don't know how you would get it to release pressure...

Bd bov's use drive pressure which is plumbed from the valve to a solenoid. That solenoid is controlled by a small box which goes off throttle position voltage. I like the JGS gate

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
IMO, it's the gayest sound when a bov activates, BUT. If it saves a couple expensive chargers, well that's totally worth it!!

The PSSSSSSSSSHHT sound is such a turbos civic sound and fwah-fwah-fwah-fwah sounds WAY more mainly... But fwah-fwah-fwahBOOOM isn't so manly! Hahaha hope I explain this! Hahahaha

The amount of enthusiasm that goes into your posts makes me think you talk like that in person which in turn makes me think you may have an issue you need to get worked out.... LOL

Dan

Reaction score
google jgs or search it on compd. Drive pressure plumped to the top of the bov to hold it closed and boost to the bottom, as soon as it loses drive pressure the boost pressure opens it up

Does it actually work? Or is it finicky? My goodness that might be the way to go! If it's more reliable than all those electronics.. It would just be a little bit of a chore to figure out proper spring pressures... I'll search it!

Dan

Reaction score
The amount of enthusiasm that goes into your posts makes me think you talk like that in person which in turn makes me think you may have an issue you need to get worked out.... LOL

I'm high strung! Hahaha I was explaining a leak to my Forman tonight and told him it was leaking like this: drip...... ....drip...... ........drip...... ......drip..... He's like "DAN! Just tell me how many drips per min you don't have to act it out!!!

Actually I do! It's more fun that way!

smokinstroker

Reaction score
For the record, I did not like the idea of running a bd bov. I hate that bd's units are controlled by a solenoid that can fail, and a very cheap signal box that looks like it came out of a cereal box. I still like the idea of a mechanical valve. Mine doesn't work like it used to, and unless you take your foot off the gas as fast as possible, it won't work. It's not needed with this setup, but it is reassuring that your chargers aren't going to blow from back feeding. That is, until the gate starts opening on its own, and you can't build boost...

Colton, on your control box you can "tune" or "dial in" the voltage response. This will change how much throttle lift (voltage change) you need for the solenoid to fire.

I don't know if you've messed with this, but may be worth a look.
I've installed them on 4 or 5 trucks and we had to go back everytime and tune them a bit to meet the driver. This might be what yours needs?

I will agree that the BD units control module is sub par, and that some people do get sticking issues on the solenoid.
Usually you can kill the power and restart the truck and it goes back to working.

The JGS unit looks very straightforward. And the guys on comp d seem to like them. They should work great as long as bp>boost.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
I've messed with tuning the box several times. The problem is when the valve comes upon on its own under normal boost. Easy fix, but not the best design IMO.

Wayne

Reaction score
The jgs I put on Erik's truck works very straight forward, and reliably (for the short time it's been used up to this point). I wouldn't hesitate to use it on mine.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
I've messed with tuning the box several times. The problem is when the valve comes upon on its own under normal boost. Easy fix, but not the best design IMO.

Gotcha, the bd usin could def use some revamping in the components.
The jgs looks very promising.

madman1234509

Reaction score
The only thing on the jgs is you should probably replace the particulate filter every once in a while, probably whenever you experience lack of performance in the gate.

NathannialD

Reaction score
I wouldn't run the jgs since there is no I ring seal, it does leak boost I checked.... If they didn't leak they would be a much better option than the bd setup.

Dan

Reaction score
I wouldn't run the jgs since there is no I ring seal, it does leak boost I checked.... If they didn't leak they would be a much better option than the bd setup.

A guy could use the jgs "plumbing kit" and a different bov with a seal...

How did a seal get overlooked? Weird! It's just metal on metal contact?

Wayne

Reaction score
It wasn't overlooked. It was done that way intentionally for reliability as opposed to the O-rings that are prone to hang up, and cause the valves to stick. It seals in a similar fashion as a piston ring. Granted, a rubber O-ring can seal more completely, but for the amount of air that leaks past the jgs unit is not enough for me to be concerned in comparison to reliability in a high stress situation. That is my opinion though, and it's not for everybody.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score

We are going to stick with what we got. (BD Unit) and if it fails we will have another setup to try.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
And here we go:

null_zpsff53c5b7.jpg

null_zps91c12229.jpg

null_zpsa5509d7d.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.