4R100

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Yea, you needed a shift kit, a converter, and trans tuning a while ago. Mine will.get hot too. Its burning the seals out of it.

Will higher shift pressure help it a little? I got high pressure tunes so it doesn't slip but still runs at 250-260. but I know I need something soon.

TyCorr

Reaction score
It wohld have in theory. Drain your pan and see how much filing is in it. If the bottom quart looks like mercury, you're in trouble.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
It wohld have in theory. Drain your pan and see how much filing is in it. If the bottom quart looks like mercury, you're in trouble.

I pulled the stick last week and its way to burnt I having the dealer change the fluid next week to "make it last for now"

ghohouston

Reaction score
My truck was fine when I chipped it, probably around 250k, everything else stock other than exhaust. I installed 238/100's probably around 260k, and the trans **** the bed shortly after. I would guess I was between 425-450ish horse after injectors and gearhead tunes. It got so bad I could sit at a stoplight in gear with my foot off the brake, and the truck wouldnt budge, until I got it around 2000 rpms lol. Limped it sround that way for about 3 months, hoping everyday it would last until my bts arrived

ghohouston

Reaction score
Motor was bone stock internally, no studs or springs. Daily drove it for over a year and a half with those injectors, put over 60 miles a day on it, beating on it daily. Honestly, the only real problems I had out of my truck the whole time I had it was it ate a set of batts every winter, I blew up the rear end, and the trans. The 2 times it left me stranded were batts and rear end.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yea. Im pretty.certain Ill run a similar injector. Probably an 80 or 200% nozzle though.

Im not after a specific number. Just power and clean running.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Yea. Im pretty.certain Ill run a similar injector. Probably an 80 or 200% nozzle though.

Im not after a specific number. Just power and clean running.

With a 38r and 1.0 exhaust housing and gearheads tunes, in all tunes except the "all out" tune, the 38r cleaned them up nicely. The hot tune was a smokey mofo, looked like what you'd expect from a cummins.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Did they have a E4OD "HD" option?

I was told that was what was in my OBS when I bought it, but I'd never heard of one so I figured the old man I bought it from got took.

It does pop the shifts...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
603037_221027158072360_1571669111_n.jpg

Just since I found it...LOL

Viking

Reaction score
Just got mine back from the trans shop. TC plug wedge in the line and all my moving parts seized up. Full rebuild minus shafts.....but im rolling everything top of the line, center support done and some valve work......and a PI TC now :naughty:

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Did they have a E4OD "HD" option?

I was told that was what was in my OBS when I bought it, but I'd never heard of one so I figured the old man I bought it from got took.

It does pop the shifts...

I've got one in a truck, which has held up far better than the purple piece'o'**** ATS the previous owner installed. Not sure on the specifics, but from what I understand it utilizes the same converter as the HD-4R100. Can't say what else is different.
Looking at the receipt...looks like I've got another two weeks to blow mine up for a free replacement :evil

Attachments

• hde40d.jpg
    hde40d.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 49

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
I've got one in a truck, which has held up far better than the purple piece'o'**** ATS the previous owner installed. Not sure on the specifics, but from what I understand it utilizes the same converter as the HD-4R100. Can't say what else is different.
Looking at the receipt...looks like I've got another two weeks to blow mine up for a free replacement :evil

Interesting... It seems to be a decent trans.

Latest posts

Members online