4x4 hub seals

Cajunhunter67

Reaction score
Ok Guys
After trouble shooting my ESOF system (4x4 only engages in manual), I have determined its my driver side hub seal. Fuses are all good. Electric Solenoid is good. Vacuum solenoid workin properly. No leaks in the system except for the Left hub.
I am going to attempt to replace the seals myself. Has anyone done this?
Removing the hub is no biggie, but never have changed the seal.
If anyone has an idea of what parts I need, would be a big help.

20007.3L

Reaction score
That hub is 1 unit. Need to replace the The yellow seal on the spindle. that is for the vacume to engage 4x4. Any questions let me know

Cajunhunter67

Reaction score
I see a red o ring on the outer hub/4x4 select assembly, and it seems may be one on the hub assembly itself. Are these the O-rings that need to be replaced? I dont see anything else that would cause a leak?

Cajunhunter67

Reaction score
I put a pressure on it prior to taking it loose, and the air was escaping from around the outside of the hub/knuckle area. Not the Spindle/bearing area. Makes me think the outer Oring for the hub is bad...it seals against the knuckle.

20007.3L

Reaction score
I put a pressure on it prior to taking it loose, and the air was escaping from around the outside of the hub/knuckle area. Not the Spindle/bearing area. Makes me think the outer Oring for the hub is bad...it seals against the knuckle.

That is the seal that is known to go on these ESOF hubs.!

Lassie

Reaction score
There are three seals for each wheel for the ESOF.....the oring on the hub locking unit.....the oring on the unit bearing......and the knuckle seal. The knuckle is the prime culprit usually. The front shaft wears the seal out over time and if it gets bad enough, your spindle bearing in the unit bearing will eat itself. The knuckle seal requires a tool to drive in the new seal, but I can show you how to make a new one if you need it.

Lassie

Reaction score

Sounds like the unit bearing large yellow oring, don't know if that can be ordered by itself or not.

Cajunhunter67

Reaction score
Ok I got the hub off. Now trying to get the shaft out. I am going to oder new seals and O rings.
Can you help me 200007.3?

Cajunhunter67

Reaction score
I need the red oring for the hub lock assembly, the yellow oring, and the knuckle seal. Also the new style dust seal for the shaft. My old one is just hanging.
Part numbers would be great.

Cajunhunter67

Reaction score
I have a Ford dealer 4 miles away. Probably dont have anything I need. They are a small dealer. If I need to order them, I will get all from you...will need next day shipping.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.