5" exhaust sound clips

TyCorr

Reaction score
As the title says. Anybody have any that are on or could be put on youtube or the like?

My truck is ripped apart and I want to go to 5" during reassembly. This4" i put on sucks. I looked but none of the YouTube vids are good.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Thanks.Dom! Thats what I needed. See I do mods.based on the effect they have on the wife. If.they excite.her, it goes on the list.

Hooked that one into the surround sound and she was smiling and nodding. Thats.good.

OBS F350

Reaction score
My f350 had 5" and IMO it sounded way better then my buddies that had 4". Wish i could have gotten a video of it when i had it.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Got most of my exhaust degreased, scuffed and sanded last night. Painted the tailpipe section first with vht 2k° paint. Used a torch to "cure it" but the stuff wipes right off. So i think ill use rustoleum on the rearmost parts and the dp and dp extension will get vht but ill try to put more coats on and let er sit until I can run the motor to cure it like the can says. I was contemplating using that flat bbq paint on all of it.

Anybody dicked with vht header paint before? Im wanting to use it on my bellowed uppipes and turbine housing. Does it work if you bake it on the truck? We have so much roadsalt that I wanna coat everything I can.

'94IDITurbo7.3

Reaction score
i used the VHT "ceramic" high heat paint on my up-pipe, cross over pipe, & turbo. it has been on there for about 3 months and looks exactly the way it did when i first put the pipes back on. no flakeing/peeling. didn't stink either like i was told it would. i didn't do any "curing" of the paint either. just cleaned the pipes good, painted them, let dry(i was doing head gaskets at the same time so plenty of time to dry lol), installed turbo/pipes, then just drove the truck like normal.

this is the stuff i used.....http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/VHT0/SP117/N0797.oap?ck=Search_N0797_-1_3360&pt=N0797&ppt=C0171

here are some pics of my parts.....
247713_242968412495239_485199099_n.jpg

3733_242968545828559_1464816622_n.jpg

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
So ,if I paint my turbo like that it'll stick? No link to the product needed, i.can see the can in the picture ;)

Why cant I click on the youtube links. Its like they arent even there. My old.galaxy s2 worked, got a new one and this shti dont work. It also.says I cant download flash player? Wtf? Anybody else have this trouble on a phone?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online