5r to 4r100 swap

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
118mph at 8900lbs is 992hp at the wheels.

124mph at 7600lbs is 983hp at the wheels.

How about the difference in elevation and truck size too? That has to be worth some more power.

Garrett

encrypted with an enigma machine

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Ive went 10.80 at 126 before on fuel no nitrous dont know where you get the 124 at

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Non of this really matters if the orignal poster wants a 4r100 let him get a 4r if he wanted a 5r he would have bought it
in my truck my first 4r lasted 100+ track passes and about 40 dyno runs and 15k on the street of me driving it everyday beating the piss out of it always on the same tune i went 10.80 at

My whole point in this thread is where is there proof that a 5r will hold without a issue

Dzchey21

Reaction score
HP is HP and if they calculate to the same thats pretty funny LOL

The one thing tho is the faster you go with the 5r the worse it seams to shift mostly because of the electronics, shawn ellertons truck is what keeps me thinking that a 5r will work fine no matter what.

I will also say that my truck did NOT like the innovative 3.01 tunes, with my gearhead tuning the truck shifted consistant everytime, it may have not been ideal shifts, but it shifted everytime the same.

jdgleason

Reaction score
118mph at 8900lbs is 992hp at the wheels.

124mph at 7600lbs is 983hp at the wheels.

How about the difference in elevation and truck size too? That has to be worth some more power.

Garrett

encrypted with an enigma machine

:whs:

Erik's truck is on 8" of lift with 37's as well. Here it is at bandimere during the dpc.

All I'm saying is that Erik's truck makes more power than the supposed limit of the 5R110 is, and it isn't having issues. In reality, I believe that Erik's transmission is under more stress than Craig's due to the weight and the tires.

6877c51b.jpg

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Ive went 10.80 at 126 before on fuel no nitrous dont know where you get the 124 at

Thats the only number you have actually posted, no one knows you've gone 126 because you never post a slip... thats how assumptions get started, thats why i post as many facts as i can, so people cant skew them into thier own numbers.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Non of this really matters if the orignal poster wants a 4r100 let him get a 4r if he wanted a 5r he would have bought it
in my truck my first 4r lasted 100+ track passes and about 40 dyno runs and 15k on the street of me driving it everyday beating the piss out of it always on the same tune i went 10.80 at

My whole point in this thread is where is there proof that a 5r will hold without a issue

You've put 15k on that truck in 7 months?

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11589

I'm saying that Erik's truck IS proof that the 5R WILL do what you're saying it won't.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I did find a slip in the fuel only thread of 125.5 mph, not that its important but you get my point Corsilli also says right in the thread that its 126 but the slip says 125... LOL

This sort of applies to the OP tho, its the pro's and con's of the swap

Craig@MFI

Reaction score

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
Hmm the 5r shifts amazing at high power in this video(and i know its different from a 6.4) still only 5800lbs....and btw so ***ing sue me i was .5mph off lol
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

and this one
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

and definitely this one
YouTube Video

jdgleason

Reaction score
yea i put 45k in the first year i had the truck...............

erics truck also doesnt see no where near the power mine does everytime he rolls into it
what did his truck run on fuel?

Holy driving! LOL

The only fuel number that I remember was 776 on haller's dyno back last year...

It went 12.90 in phoenix LOL It has always made good torque though... It made 16xx on fuel at Haller's and 2430 at the dpc.

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
Eric's truck is badass hands down!! I'll push the limits of the 4R next season, haven't had luck at 800hp, let's see it what it does at xxxxhp. Shone's 5r fee's awesome every time you roll into the throttle, and that's 1040hp on fuel available at a push of the throttle

In the video's you posted of the white truck. What were ya'll using to control the trans shifting?

Last edited:

brian89

Reaction score

I like this guy

I'm enjoying this, i don't mind getting more than what i bargained for, and when the time comes to decide if i want to do the swap, i will be refering back to this thread

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
What keeps getting overlooked is the 5r Craig HAD. And im sure Corsili as well, they were/are pos.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
What keeps getting overlooked is the 5r Craig HAD. And im sure Corsili as well, they were/are pos.
Yea that everything we have out here unless you guys over there make it....
give brian a call and see what his thoughts are on a 5r and listen to a guy thats been building trans longer than anyone on here and he will share some knowledge

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.