6.0 with 200K Stud parts list

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
Im also thinking about cutting the EGR crap out of my intake manifold. I have a 3/4'' freeze plug for the manifold already.

On second thought that looks like alot of damn work, Ill just put the freeze plug in.

Last edited:

PSM_Kid

Reaction score
You really think pulling the motor is easier then pulling the cab and trans? I have access to a lift for $40 a day. Seems like more work to pull the front clip then just lifting the cab and dropping the trans?

Yes in my opinion and experience it is easier to yank the motor rather than lift the cab and then drop the trans. I've pulled a few hundred cabs and yanked almost as many 6.0 motors in the last 8 years and I've gotten to where I prefer yanking the engine out, leaving a lift available to put a 6.4 cab in the air. You might find it easier for you to pull the cab, we all have our methods. I don't pull the front clip off either, that you might not be comfortable doing without so I wouldn't suggest trying it for your first motor pull.

I wouldn't mess with the bed plate seals tho. They will just start seeping again. They all seep it seems. Like I said earlier, with the motor out, you get the opportunity to reseal the oil pans.

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
I talked the auto center today, there is no way ill be able to pull the motor they do not have any stand capable of the motor weight.

Also, Im pretty sure it does not but....does it matter which side of the head gasket goes down

jmsmith76

Reaction score
Also, Im pretty sure it does not but....does it matter which side of the head gasket goes down

The stamped part number on the corner of the gasket should be facing up. I've got a lot of Ford workshop manual PDF's for this stuff. PM me if you want anything and I'll email it to you.

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
First batch is here!

4agagu5a.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online