6.0 zf6 builds! What's your setup?

ODAWG714

Reaction score
Anyone have an after market hpop? I was lookin into the thumpers

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

I have the thumper 1 but don't have much data on it. I gained about .06-1.1 icp with it

djberg

Reaction score
Here's another question a few can answer, your organic dual disk, does it engage the same every time you take off or not? Mine personally Absolutley has a freakin mind of its own, some times no reaction until the clutch is all the way out, some times it seems like 3/4" off the floor and damn near stall it, and that isn't a fluke thing either the thing will grab when ever it damn well pleases....

Super Diesel

Reaction score
Here's another question a few can answer, your organic dual disk, does it engage the same every time you take off or not? Mine personally Absolutley has a freakin mind of its own, some times no reaction until the clutch is all the way out, some times it seems like 3/4" off the floor and damn near stall it, and that isn't a fluke thing either the thing will grab when ever it damn well pleases....

How many miles do you have on yours? Mine's got less than 3k on it, and it's the same every time.

william_ace

Reaction score
^^^ Mine is the same as his. Releases the same every time and pretty much as soon as I move my big toe.

Reaction score
366 non vgt an a zf6?

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

Na, decided to ditch the zf6 and stick to my built 5r. Eventually getting a built 4r.

Strokin89

Reaction score
Oh gotcha

Strokin89

Reaction score
I was excited
To see another person put a non vgt in a manual truck now you crushed my hopes and dreams I see how it is hahaha

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
I was excited
To see another person put a non vgt in a manual truck now you crushed my hopes and dreams I see how it is hahaha

I have a friend/customer who is wanting to go non vgt in his as soon as funds allow. It's still stock now though, other than a clutch

Strokin89

Reaction score
I've seen it done once before in diesel power magazine guy is actually a member on here I messaged him asking bout it. Says his boosts up just fine and works great

djberg

Reaction score
How many miles do you have on yours? Mine's got less than 3k on it, and it's the same every time.

prob around 5-6k, it's really weird, but has yet to slip, just depends on when it wants to grab i guess. i love the hell out of my clutch and as of the last month i've put it through some serious hell.

15059527539_9cabda870a_z.jpg
train crap by my04cclbstroker, on Flickr

pretty much everything you see here in the pic, axles, lower half of the rear third of a caboose and the rails it was on with the bumper stop thingy. that load when i pulled on the scales was 33,800# truck trailer and load.
15246314895_c15f1c1fed_z.jpg
shed haul by my04cclbstroker, on Flickr

12'x30' shed we figured it to be about 28k#

clutch didnt care about either of those weights behind it.

Strokin89

Reaction score
Wow nice

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
prob around 5-6k, it's really weird, but has yet to slip, just depends on when it wants to grab i guess. i love the hell out of my clutch and as of the last month i've put it through some serious hell.

15059527539_9cabda870a_z.jpg
train crap by my04cclbstroker, on Flickr

pretty much everything you see here in the pic, axles, lower half of the rear third of a caboose and the rails it was on with the bumper stop thingy. that load when i pulled on the scales was 33,800# truck trailer and load.
15246314895_c15f1c1fed_z.jpg
shed haul by my04cclbstroker, on Flickr

12'x30' shed we figured it to be about 28k

clutch didnt care about either of those weights behind it.

Not to burst your bubble but that shed prob weighed less then 5k.

william_ace

Reaction score
Did a couple pulls on the dyno last night at TSD.

Truck laid down 610/997. It was hot and humid, and probably could have done a little better with a smidge more PW. ICP held at 4.5v. Going to try again a little later in the year.

Attachments

• 2014-09-17 dyno.jpg
    2014-09-17 dyno.jpg
    502.8 KB · Views: 51

william_ace

Reaction score
Yeah, it wasn't strapped down in 8 different places either. That was the only thing keeping it from coming off the dyno.

Strokin89

Reaction score
Did a couple pulls on the dyno last night at TSD.

Truck laid down 610/997. It was hot and humid, and probably could have done a little better with a smidge more PW. ICP held at 4.5v. Going to try again a little later in the year.

Sweet man I can't wait to start throwing some power to mine.

william_ace

Reaction score
It gets expensive and addicting, so watch out. If I can add about 50 more hp and 100 tq, I think I'll be happy.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.