6.0L Fender Exit Exhaust

Joey D

Reaction score
A little background on the entire situation...

I did some research for about a rear now and haven't actually found a actual fender exit exhaust that has been done to a PSD with stock turbo setup and functioning A/C.
Only one I've found was of a compound turbo PSD without A/C.

So I finally took the plunge and started the build.

Few questions people have already asked me....

Does it smell in the cab?
No, Even riding with the windows down I have yet to smell any exhaust coming into the cab. If the wind was blowing directly at the exhaust i could see that happening.

How loud is it?
With the windows down it is considerably louder but not enough to bother me, it sounds amazing.
With the windows up it is no louder then the engine itself, although you do hear the whistle much more.

What about soot?
I personally daily on my economy tune which barely puts out any black smoke even at WOT.
When on my race tune it appears to shoot the black smoke a decent amount away from the truck.
Ive been driving for a week now on the race tune and no noticeable amount of soot is on the truck, Practically wipes off with the dirt.

Does the fender get hot?
No, Not even the slight bit warm. The exhaust doesn't touch the fender so there is no direct contact and the exhaust is completely wrapped in heat wrap.

Here are some pictures, Took me roughly one whole day to finish this build using a 4" down pipe and tubing.

Attachments

• IMG_0028.JPG
    IMG_0028.JPG
    570.6 KB · Views: 421
  • IMG_0043.JPG
    IMG_0043.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 416
Last edited:

Joey D

Reaction score
Do you say that to people with hood stacks too?

I like to be different and instead of having a rear stack or a hood stack over the rear exit exhaust, I chose to be unique and do a fender exit exhaust.

Cold Roller

Reaction score
Keep in mind it is completely illegal to run it on the street. Your exhaust must exit after the rear of the vehicle or in the stock (DOT) approved location. However, for a truck it may be altered, but must end at least 12" behind the cab. In this case it is all about safety!

I sure wouldn't want to be next to you at a stop light either!

Joey D

Reaction score
strokin6l - That is the only truck i can find that had a fender exit exhaust and as stated in my previous post it was of a twin turbo/No A/C Setup.
so it was basically a straight shot for them to do the exhaust.

I have not found one with A/C and a stock location single turbo.

Renegade7.3

Reaction score
now i do agree thats cool and different.

but!

its is illegal to have an exhaust exit in front of the passnager compartment. not to mention if you plan on sled pulling it is against regulation. as the exhuast has to point upward to avoid the crowd, and well yours will point directly at them haha

but none the less it is different and kinda cool. not to mention it sounds sweet,

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I'm sure it's a hoot, but I have a funny feeling it will be getting changed fairly soon and you'll be left with a hole in the fender

loboost

Reaction score
Isn't the idea of an exhaust to get the "exhaust" away from the cab?

Naa brah....exhaust+exit as close to the cab air intake is what u want lol

Op, yes it looks cool and all that. But *** its dangerous Lol. I do NOT want to be next to your truck when/if the exhaust wheel decides to decinigrate (sp?)

sent while driving recklessly

Joey D

Reaction score
Make no sense hahahaha.
It does not enter the cab.
There is no smell what so ever in the cab.
If for some reason the exhaust wheel came apart and came out the exhaust what the hell would be the difference if it came out my fender exhaust verses a rear exit exhaust?
The car next to me gets hit instead of the car next to where my exhaust was? Lol!

Yeah it's not legal. Woohoo, welcome to florida... What damn exhaust is! Lol.
Cops giggle and think it's cool ��

duddy

Reaction score
local cops may laugh, however I see a trooper or a dot giving you a fine plus a no time fix it ticket. Yes the exhaust flows out decent while on the throttle. but the fact is that test were done long ago and the carbon dioxide levels in that cab, just cruising, will be high. Plus the turbo wheel coming apart and out at that height may hit some one, a rear exhaust, its close to the ground and a lot of pipe to travel to help slow it down.

I see it this way, if you are out, hell maybe even drinking, and a cop wants to pull you over, you gave him an easy one.

Latest posts

Members online