6.4 2.6 pulling truck build

08SUPERKING

Reaction score
What he said... If you can supply more information on the front clip system please...

Truck looks great and wish it's first win....

vcassens

Reaction score
3une8ute.jpg

Simulating 1000 lbs on the front

ze6uhagy.jpg

Loaded on the trailer and took it to my father in laws sheet metal shop. Have a nice box cover now. Also fount out that it hits loading the trailer. Time for some wheels on the weight box.

2a4yhabe.jpg

Tow rig sexy

I think you need a bigger trailer.

Reaction score
Really nice build Morgan! If you want to share I am really interested in how you did the removable front clip. I want to do the same with my reg cab when I build it.

You have to relocate everything the bolts to the front clip. All the wiring, the radiator, all your coolers etc will have to be moved or deleted. It's not very good for much other than a pull truck lol. And I cut the inner framework of the core support to make it detach from the doghouse. The fenders just use two bolts on each Sid to attach to the cab. Still use the two front body mount bolts as well. Takes like two minutes with two guys to remove it.

pog

Reaction score
black headlights and side vents. kill it. looks badass how it sits for sure.

78f100

Reaction score
You have to relocate everything the bolts to the front clip. All the wiring, the radiator, all your coolers etc will have to be moved or deleted. It's not very good for much other than a pull truck lol. And I cut the inner framework of the core support to make it detach from the doghouse. The fenders just use two bolts on each Sid to attach to the cab. Still use the two front body mount bolts as well. Takes like two minutes with two guys to remove it.

thanks man, it looks like it all lines up real well.

black6.4

Reaction score
Looks good but goodluck with the lockouts they dont hold up....didnt read the whole thread yet but what did u do to eliminate the front axle from hopping?

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
not to derail, well, maybe just a little bit.

you had said 2.6, and maybe running 3.0.

can you kinda dumb down the differences between the two classes??

Reaction score
not to derail, well, maybe just a little bit.

you had said 2.6, and maybe running 3.0.

can you kinda dumb down the differences between the two classes??

In a nutshell,

2.6 class, 2.6" turbo inlet, 1 ton factory style drivetrain and chassis

3.0 class, 3.0" turbo inlet, open driveline (can use big truck axles and non oem trans and a transfer case)

Reaction score
I've got a couple different guys trying it. I guess the strategy is different since it was a cab and chassis.

Funny thing is that it runs and revs on the box sct tunes but none of the custom tunes are working. Right now it won't rev past 2k.

Reloading the sct tunes now. See if it still revs.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I've got a couple different guys trying it. I guess the strategy is different since it was a cab and chassis.

Funny thing is that it runs and revs on the box sct tunes but none of the custom tunes are working. Right now it won't rev past 2k.

Reloading the sct tunes now. See if it still revs.

We are trying buddy! Keep in touch

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.