6.4 Airdog 165 Kit Issues

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Anybody else run into this issue? The airdog kit now comes with the splice for the filler neck to return from the airdog, and returns from the engine through the factory pump. If you try to hook it up as the instructions show, it will piss fuel on the ground due to the outlet of the factory pump being unhooked. Pretty ****ty kit since you cannot delete the factory pump, and it doesn't include everything you need.

Csilva187

Reaction score
all ears here being that I just got a new 165 myself on trade. Don't know if I'm gonna install or sale?

HOOV3R

Reaction score
all ears here being that I just got a new 165 myself on trade. Don't know if I'm gonna install or sale?

See if it has a filler neck splice or a metal quick connect y. If it has the splice, you will have to do some modification to make it actually work.

TD-5

Reaction score
Pureflow seems to be pi**ing a lot of 6.4 owners off lately from reading the different forums. In there wisdom, they appear to have stopped supplying the fuel return tee, instead they are suppling the return connection on the filler pipe now from their 99-03 7.3 kit. Obviously someone at Pureflow doesn't understand how the fuel connections are made on the Factory HFCM for the 6.0 & 6.4.
This & their problems the last while with defective motors its a wonder they are selling any product.
Their Installation instructions for the 6.4 still show the fuel return tee as part of the supplied parts inventory #001-4B-1-0064. Section 5B of their instructions details how to install the Tee.
I would call Pureflow and ask them (FIRMLY) to supply you with the Tee as it shows in their instructions.

Attachments

• A5SABF194.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1096 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1096 (Large).JPG
    337.9 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Pureflow seems to be pi**ing a lot of 6.4 owners off lately from reading the different forums. In there wisdom, they appear to have stopped supplying the fuel return tee, instead they are suppling the connection on the filler pipe now. Obviously someone at Pureflow doesn't understand how the fuel connections are made on the Factory HFCM .
This & their problems the last while with defective motors its a wonder they are selling any product.
Their Installation instructions for the 6.4 still show the fuel return tee as part of the supplied parts inventory #001-4B-1-0064. Section 5B of their instructions details how to install the Tee.
I would call Pureflow and ask them (FIRMLY) to supply you with the Tee as it shows in their instructions.

Exactly what I'm talking about.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
d566e68eaa54519beefee2e37b5183f7.jpg

This is what they give you to return from the airdog. They must not understand how the HFCM actually works, since they have you pull the factory feed off if it, leave it open, and return through the pump. Makes a nice mess.

White_monster

Reaction score
That's new that they return through the factory pump, smart move pureflow. Need to tie the return from the engine and the return from the Airdog into the same line. Love when companies fix something that isn't broken.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
That's new that they return through the factory pump, smart move pureflow. Need to tie the return from the engine and the return from the Airdog into the same line. Love when companies fix something that isn't broken.

Makes no sense at all. They expect you to leave the stock pump in there for no reason, and never even did any testing to see if it actually would work. I'll never buy one of these POS again.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Don't know if it would help you out or not now... But I'm pretty sure I have that "return tee" that your in need of. I had a AD2 a few years ago and when I replaced it with my Fuelab I kept all the AD parts. If you pay the shipping it's all yours and I can send it out monday. PM me if you need it!

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Don't know if it would help you out or not now... But I'm pretty sure I have that "return tee" that your in need of. I had a AD2 a few years ago and when I replaced it with my Fuelab I kept all the AD parts. If you pay the shipping it's all yours and I can send it out monday. PM me if you need it!

Thanks for the offer. It's fixed, not how I'd like it to be done, but it'll be fine.

Jbird

Reaction score
So would it be better to bypass the stock pump and just run the AD or a fuelab?

Latest posts