6.4 Custom Cold Air Intake

FussGus

Reaction score
I saw the pics of the intake. I mean't pictures of the CCV which people have been doing DIY for next to nothing instead of spending more than needed.

FussGus

Reaction score
DIY is exactly that. price of my kit is coming down. pricing was based on selling it at a dealer level, but will only be offered thru me directly, which will yield bigger savings for the consumer. what you get with this kit, and will not get anywhere else, is polished stainless intake tube, specifically degree'd 4" , reinforced silicone elbow, stainless maf flange, all grommets and hardware necessary, and the AFE pro5r filter in the 12" version. i have not built a box yet, but when its built it will add to cost pretty heavily. it will , when finished, all handmade , not sure what material/finish will be used. the kit is american made and built by a company that specializes in one off, small quantity parts. i believe my customer service and quality american made product speaks for itself, hence why the good words are spoken. i have yet to see any severe issues of the intake , i believe those that will see alot of dirt will be just as well off with a pre-filter as a box, thats why i havent quickly attacked that area of the kit. i dont believe the box serves as a cold air protector due to the fact we are intercooled. engine air has yet to be a factor in egt or post intercooler intake air temps, as with a forced induction setup the warm air is neglible in a intercooled situation.

See right there is one of the things that has been confusing me for a long time. Why need cold air in the beginning if it is just going to be warmed up then cooled back down again.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
See right there is one of the things that has been confusing me for a long time. Why need cold air in the beginning if it is just going to be warmed up then cooled back down again.

in the gasser N/A world it means something, i wish i had resources to disprove , maybe one day. my kit is based on flow, not cool temps.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Turbo and NA are 2 different worlds like said above.
NA cold air and no restriction. Basically read the MAP, if you have a vacuum at WOT then something is wrong.
Turbo if you have restriction you can hurt the turbo.
Yes cooler air makes power but that is what an intercooler is for. But you are compressing air which heats it up. Look at a chart of compression vs. temp.

vr6dub

Reaction score
DIY is exactly that. price of my kit is coming down. pricing was based on selling it at a dealer level, but will only be offered thru me directly, which will yield bigger savings for the consumer. what you get with this kit, and will not get anywhere else, is polished stainless intake tube, specifically degree'd 4" , reinforced silicone elbow, stainless maf flange, all grommets and hardware necessary, and the AFE pro5r filter in the 12" version. i have not built a box yet, but when its built it will add to cost pretty heavily. it will , when finished, all handmade , not sure what material/finish will be used. the kit is american made and built by a company that specializes in one off, small quantity parts. i believe my customer service and quality american made product speaks for itself, hence why the good words are spoken. i have yet to see any severe issues of the intake , i believe those that will see alot of dirt will be just as well off with a pre-filter as a box, thats why i havent quickly attacked that area of the kit. i dont believe the box serves as a cold air protector due to the fact we are intercooled. engine air has yet to be a factor in egt or post intercooler intake air temps, as with a forced induction setup the warm air is neglible in a intercooled situation.

Can I get pricing on the options for the 6.4 CAI? I know there was mention of various optionsbeing available previously, and from above, word of a price drop for a direct purchase through you. Is there a website or info/pricing regarding the other products you build for the 08 6.4?

Also I have PM'd with no response, so just figured your inbox was full.

Thanks,
Mike

BOSS450

Reaction score
I took the battery box out of mine. When I did that I now have problems with water getting to my intake. in a rare case like mine a box would be nice

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I took the battery box out of mine. When I did that I now have problems with water getting to my intake. in a rare case like mine a box would be nice

why did you take the battery box out ?

BOSS450

Reaction score
i moved my batteries because Im cheep. and it only had the washer fluid attached so i didnt put it back in.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
$400 shipped, includes everything for a 3" inducer atmosphere.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
apparently a test truck with a 72mm atmo made 30hp more with my intake vs an off the shelf. ruh-roh.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
im waiting so i can send you everything in one box pu$$y !!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.