6.4 Custom Cold Air Intake

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Just a heads up, the 4" elbow will not work of your egr is in place , you will have to use your stock inlet elbow. The elbow does not clear the butterfly/throttle body section.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Mine clears with the EGR cooler intact.

i got a call from a customer today stating his did not. glad to hear. please send me a pic or post up if possible. i will test fit again on BFT's truck this weekend to confirm. Thanks!!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
It fits fine. We just put one on a truck with egr in place. It's a tight fit but certainly nothing to be concerned about.

BFT

Reaction score
I like the intake. We tried it on before without the elbow and it did fine. It is a bit snug but just slightly.
First impressions were better throttle response, and cooler EGT's at 60-65 in 6th (I have a manual). Truck was about 600+*... Didn't notice the turbo sound all that much till I was over 20 PSI.
I like it, it's an easy to install kit (took about 5 min or so, start to finish) and the fact that it doesn't suck the filter minder in is a plus. Now to get rid of this stupid EGR and install my no limit intake and CAC pipe

HD-tech-NH

Reaction score
I like the intake. We tried it on before without the elbow and it did fine. It is a bit snug but just slightly.
First impressions were better throttle response, and cooler EGT's at 60-65 in 6th (I have a manual). Truck was about 600+*... Didn't notice the turbo sound all that much till I was over 20 PSI.
I like it, it's an easy to install kit (took about 5 min or so, start to finish) and the fact that it doesn't suck the filter minder in is a plus. Now to get rid of this stupid EGR and install my no limit intake and CAC pipe

Did you have a CAI on the truck before?

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
Put the truck through it's paces this weekend out in the desert. No air time as I don't have the air bump stops or Deavers in place yet, but definitely had the 4.0 Dirt Logic's working overtime.......no problems with the intake moving or needing extra bracing, impressive

SVTDiesel

Reaction score
I put it on saturday morning, I had the S&B on there and it sucks copared to this kit. The throttle response is far better, and I currently run the the 275 Spartan, 71mm turbo, and waiting to be installed Airdog II, 60HP nozzles, and ported fuel rails. I cannot wait. Thanks Bigrpwr.

Where can I get a filter cover for the filter with this kit?

Motostroker

Reaction score
Intake ordered! Thanks again man. Big shout out to top notch customer service. Can't wait to bolt her in so my truck can breathe finally. I'll post back with install pics and fit and finish, as I'm absolutely positive it's going to be awesome quality. Already told a buddy about it and will spread the word.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Intake ordered! Thanks again man. Big shout out to top notch customer service. Can't wait to bolt her in so my truck can breathe finally. I'll post back with install pics and fit and finish, as I'm absolutely positive it's going to be awesome quality. Already told a buddy about it and will spread the word.

You air are more than welcome. Pleasure talking to ya.
Sellin em like hot cakes. Sometimes I open my hood just to look at all that shiny no limit piping.

Yeah brutha you got more good stuff than I do!!

Motostroker

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352944113.808258.jpg

Booyah! I got a broke hip, on crutches. And it took me 15 mins. Easy install, and fit and finish is 5 star! Love it. Thanks again man

Motostroker

Reaction score
It's rockers! And I think a box of matches might be cheaper but ill give it another shot. I need roller rockers bad

Latest posts

Members online