6.4 owner looking for a 4 digit HP number

gthorn21

Reaction score
I have an 08 6.4L and I currently have a pretty good list of what I am looking to get done just wanted to ask around and see if my goal of a 4 digit HP number and still be able to drive the truck on a daily basis is realistic or not. Any input would be much appreciated.

extreme3807

Reaction score
I hope you have some deep pockets. 1K HP is absolutely streetable regardless if you go with a single, compounds, or trips

gthorn21

Reaction score
I have worked up a price of about 20K but thats just a rough estimate still have alot of reserching and looking around to do.

I hope you have some deep pockets. 1K HP is absolutely streetable regardless if you go with a single, compounds, or trips

00fummins

Reaction score
Anything is possible with enough nos. Do you want to drive around with 1k hp or just to do it one time on the dyno?

gthorn21

Reaction score
I was thinking that turbo set up with some of Elites heads with upgraded pushrods, lifters, and springs then head studs, dual injection pumps, maybe 110 injectors or bigger or smaller, water-meth injection, ported fuel rails, Elite cam, and maybe a Z-Max intake manifold but I'm still in the planing stages

White_monster

Reaction score
Every part Elite offers pretty much. Max power turbos, ported heads, elite cam, coated pistons, 150 injectors, twin pumps, and the list goes on. Send spatel23 a pm on it.

jdgleason

Reaction score
I sent him a PM. Do you know if he still is running a stock crank and connecting rods.

Shone's truck does have stock crank and connecting rods. If you want a fun 1000 horse street truck, I'm not sure I'd go to a single. I would agree that your budget may be a little small...

Last edited:

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
I am still working on the list but I'm figuring I'll probably have to put in at least 30K.

30K is a nice start. What ever you think it will cost you will always be short. Always. For example. Turbos (MP's), Intake/exhaust manifolds, trans, dual fuelers, and injectors will very close to 30K. Get into the guts of the engine and thing go up from there.

Im at 9900.00 buying my stuff used not including the trans and a lp fuel system. 700hp build.

gthorn21

Reaction score
Yeah that's one thing I've learned whatever the estimate is always save up more in this case prolly an extra 5K or so just I'm case

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.