6.4 owner looking for a 4 digit HP number

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
you also have to take into account, comparing twins to trips like kind is referring to, is for the two atmos, half the exhaust flow is twice the compressor flow.

so even if you factor in losses, because your now driving two atmo's, your more than making it up.

i would also think that two 62's, would spool alot faster, sooner, than a 88

and bigr, its a fair assumption, that yours spools stupid fast, as i dont imagine there was any expense spared on your truck. for those of us who probably dont have a prayer of spooling your, what, 106...... just saying. :D

Last edited:

Wayne

Reaction score
Any graphs or data logs to support this as I dont like just taking the fact that they liked triples more than twins. I want to see data showing one is more efficient than the other at moving the same amount of air perferably at same boost pressures. because I think the boost pressures had a hand in what happened to mikes truck but I could be wrong there just a quick as anyone else. Not being a dick just want to see numbers info not just word of mouth.

Mike's triples are not the same as the triples on the new duramax and dodge setups. They have parallel twins feeding a high pressure single. Do some research on parallel twins to see why they are more efficient than an equivalent single. Bigr's. Setup is a giant one feeding a huge one feeding a big one compounding the pressure twice. Doing this increases the pressure to overcome inadequate porting without pushing turbos out of their efficiency range. Kind's setup with triples is pretty close to having regular compounds with an 88 mm atmosphere turbo, but with the efficiency increase of parallel twins on the low pressure side. I hope this helps answer the question.

Last edited:

Black_Lightning91

Reaction score
Mike's triples are not the same as the triples on the new duramax and dodge setups. They have parallel twins feeding a high pressure single. Do some research on parallel twins to see why they are more efficient than an equivalent single. Bigr's. Setup is a giant one feeding a huge one feeding a big one compounding the pressure twice. Doing this increases the pressure to overcome inadequate porting without pushing turbos out of their efficiency range. Kind's setup with triples is pretty close to having regular compounds with an 88 mm atmosphere turbo, but with the efficiency increase of parallel twins on the low pressure side. I hope this helps answer the question.

I understand the difference between what kind is talking of and what Bigr had. I even refered to Bigr's as a triple compound setup being with three stages of compression. In fact I had wanted to build a setup almost identical to his since before NosGTSR did his own setup. His just proved it would work. Although I was unaware of the parallel twins as atmo's having an increased efficiency over a single in place seeing as it takes x amount of exhaust flow to drive each turbine that is proportionally sized to their compressor vs one single turbine sized for the same total area compressor as the other two put together. I will look into that more thank you both for the info! I wonder if it's has anything to do with the parrellels having a wider range of turbine and housing options that would allow a tighter housing and larger turbine to get greater flow of exhaust without the sacrifice of drive pressure and spool up vs the single. Will be reading more on this tonight after work! Thanks to everyone here all very knowledgeable and helpfull!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.