6.4 powerstroke turbo

J98

Reaction score
We (KC turbos) sell drop in sets. Charlie had a really good write up somewhere about some of the issues we had ran into while testing turbos, and some of the restrictions we were also running into. We were actually finding that the turbine side of the low pressure was a restriction, and I believe we are working on building a larger turbine housing for the low pressure to confirm our thoughts. We had swapped on countless low pressure and hi pressure combinations, even going stupid large on the hi pressure side with no increase in overall power, nor any real decrease in back pressure. On our test truck, with dual fuelers and 100% injectors we were consistently in the 950 range with a 59/76 setup, and pushed it to slightly over 1000, but didn’t feel that the 1000 number would be a long term tune to keep everything in 1 piece. We more or less did that just to say we did…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was this the writeup you were thinking of?

ncollins64

Reaction score
I think that is. He also has some good info on his website. Charlie always has good stuff, if I wasn’t wanting to test run the taterbuilt turbos I would’ve went with the KC drop ins until my big set is built.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Was this the writeup you were thinking of?

Yup that’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.