6.4 Tune Results

Gearhead

Reaction score
hello all, not to sound dumb but im just trying to understand the package deal... I purchased ALL tunes including hot & race, so w/that being said are those avail utilizing shift on the fly? stock 50hp, tow 475hp, street 500+hp, performance/race 550hp where studs are recommended? The tuning package came w/3trans files & 1 engine so im assuming that's how it all works?

so far I like the cleaner power, seems like its more drivable in many situations over h&s tunes. I am noticing jerkiness when opening her up but cant quite put my finger on it yet but thinking its related to Tc lookup or shifting? any thoughts would greatly be appreciated. Thanks again, Jayson.

You have shift on the fly power levels with the H&S. The hard shifting and lockup you are feeling is probably just bad axle wrap.

vr6dub

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StrokiNDieseL
hello all, not to sound dumb but im just trying to understand the package deal... I purchased ALL tunes including hot & race, so w/that being said are those avail utilizing shift on the fly? stock 50hp, tow 475hp, street 500+hp, performance/race 550hp where studs are recommended? The tuning package came w/3trans files & 1 engine so im assuming that's how it all works?

so far I like the cleaner power, seems like its more drivable in many situations over h&s tunes. I am noticing jerkiness when opening her up but cant quite put my finger on it yet but thinking its related to Tc lookup or shifting? any thoughts would greatly be appreciated. Thanks again, Jayson.

You have shift on the fly power levels with the H&S. The hard shifting and lockup you are feeling is probably just bad axle wrap.

I don't know about that... I seem to have the same feeling with my 08 and I have traction bars. It seems to happen mostly when I'm slowly going through the gears and it shifts from 4tc locked to 5 to 5tc locked at a partial throttle. Don't notice it when i'm floored, everything just happens to damn fast for me to notice. lol.... It's almost like that whole series of shifts is just too close and the 5 shift shouldn't be there and should go from 4tc straight to 5tc, thinking its the lock/unlocking of the TC that's causing the harshness. On a side note, its also smokey when I get on it and never seems to clean up like the videos I see of others but I don't usually get on it so its all good.

edit::: Otherwise, I effing love this tune.. :)

Last edited:

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
It all happens soo fast, same damn prob here. Not really a prob but def was wondering if the bars would clear it out. I'm sure it cleans the shifts along w/other benefits but just had to throw it out there. Normal throttle & shifts are great & like mentioned above tune(s) power is clean!

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StrokiNDieseL

I don't know about that... I seem to have the same feeling with my 08 and I have traction bars. It seems to happen mostly when I'm slowly going through the gears and it shifts from 4tc locked to 5 to 5tc locked at a partial throttle. Don't notice it when i'm floored, everything just happens to damn fast for me to notice. lol.... It's almost like that whole series of shifts is just too close and the 5 shift shouldn't be there and should go from 4tc straight to 5tc, thinking its the lock/unlocking of the TC that's causing the harshness. On a side note, its also smokey when I get on it and never seems to clean up like the videos I see of others but I don't usually get on it so its all good.

edit::: Otherwise, I effing love this tune.. :)

I had the same shifting issues in my 6.4 with matt's tunes. The TC would lock so hard it throw me off the throttle then i'd end up bouncing my foot on the throttle and have to let out.

Having a similar issue with my SRLXX for the 6.0 but I haven't tried a WOT run so I don't know if it will be smooth or kick me off the throttle. You can always go in and decrease shift pressure

All of his tunes have always run very clean for me though. Not sure what is causing your truck to smoke

jtpappy

Reaction score
a3apujuv.jpg

Best was a 12.81
72 degrees, high humidity, sea level
72/59 turbos
30% injectors (needs to be turned down more)
Cal trac traction bars
Front and rear 30psi. 35x12.50 nitto trails
I don't know what happened to the times. When I was done for the day I noticed the traction bars were very loose. I hope that's why I started going slower.

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
a3apujuv.jpg

Best was a 12.81
72 degrees, high humidity, sea level
72/59 turbos
30% injectors (needs to be turned down more)
Cal trac traction bars
Front and rear 30psi. 35x12.50 nitto trails
I don't know what happened to the times. When I was done for the day I noticed the traction bars were very loose. I hope that's why I started going slower.
Good job for your first time man! Your mph is really consistent so the truck wasn't slowing down, you just really gotta figure out what's up with your 60'... I wish I was there to see what the truck was doing when you leave the line. You're at MIR so it's definitely not the track haha. Here is my slip so you can compare:
e8u5uvyh.jpg

For everyone else in this thread, this is with Gearhead MCC tunes, No Limit intake, 4" delete pipe, and 6" stacks with some weight reduction. 7700ish pounds

Edit: don't know how the hell that picture of money got up there but I can't get it off...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1407184117979.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1407184117979.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

RSK

Reaction score
Good job for your first time man! Your mph is really consistent so the truck wasn't slowing down, you just really gotta figure out what's up with your 60'... I wish I was there to see what the truck was doing when you leave the line. You're at MIR so it's definitely not the track haha. Here is my slip so you can compare:
e8u5uvyh.jpg

For everyone else in this thread, this is with Gearhead MCC tunes, No Limit intake, 4" delete pipe, and 6" stacks with some weight reduction. 7700ish pounds

Edit: don't know how the hell that picture of money got up there but I can't get it off...

I had the same 60' as you and same mph but couldn't run faster then 13.05. wasn't spinning on the launch either just leaving hard. and my truck was at 7980

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
3.55 you think my truck could be losing rail pressure up top?
Mine has 3.73, that's probably where the difference is coming from. I have a better 1/8 mile than you even with the same 60'. Rail pressure would show in mph which yours does seem a little low so that could play a part as well.

RSK

Reaction score
Mine has 3.73, that's probably where the difference is coming from. I have a better 1/8 mile than you even with the same 60'. Rail pressure would show in mph which yours does seem a little low so that could play a part as well.

so that would be my low pressure lift pump not keeping the injection pump supplied with fuel?

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
so that would be my low pressure lift pump not keeping the injection pump supplied with fuel?
The only way to know that is add a fuel pressure gauge but I doubt you're dropping low pressure fuel unless you have a ton of miles. Have you noticed it dropping rail pressure on whatever you use for gauges? (Mini max ext ect)

That 102.9 is actually the slowest mine has trapped. I usually trap 103.5ish

RSK

Reaction score
The only way to know that is add a fuel pressure gauge but I doubt you're dropping low pressure fuel unless you have a ton of miles. Have you noticed it dropping rail pressure on whatever you use for gauges? (Mini max ext ect)

That 102.9 is actually the slowest mine has trapped. I usually trap 103.5ish

i only have 103,000 miles. i actually don't running any gauges, I have borrowed a friends dash daq and made several pulls down the highway a few separate times when it was empty and didn't notice it dropping at all. it held 24500-24600, 25000

swinky

Reaction score
12.8 is moving for a 60ft that bad, I wanted to buy your cal tracs but I'm not so sure now lol

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk