6.4 Tune Results

3brorce

Reaction score
He means the trans strats being more refined with one platform over the other.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I can vouch for shifting improvements. My truck shifts better with MCC refinements than it ever did with the SCT Gearhead files.
Whether it be that Matt has made adjustments since my SCT files were made, I don't know. But when I got the MCC files it is as close to perfect as I think it can be with the "hybrid" file.

stroke4fun

Reaction score
That makes it tough to decide then sounds like both do about the same H&S being a better display vs Livewire's though! Anyone dyno or track the race tune on MCC platform?

stroke4fun

Reaction score
I had planned to use the Blackmaxx for gauges and run the Sct but that kinda defeats the purpose if the tunes are equal on both right?

sootie

Reaction score
I had planned to use the Blackmaxx for gauges and run the Sct but that kinda defeats the purpose if the tunes are equal on both right?

that doesnt sound practical. i may have missed it but what is wrong with the black maxx? why not just use that?

3brorce

Reaction score
That makes no sense to buy an SCT if you do not have one already. Just add MCC and a tune set to your BM.

stroke4fun

Reaction score
I got the sct a while ago and just had it unlocked and i was under the impression the Sct was better for tuning i seen lots of guys change over to run different tunes like IDP,RCD,and gearheads i guess before he started the MCC tuning.

B585Ford

Reaction score
I got the sct a while ago and just had it unlocked and i was under the impression the Sct was better for tuning i seen lots of guys change over to run different tunes like IDP,RCD,and gearheads i guess before he started the MCC tuning.

I was always under the impression, that the SCT tunes you buy from Matt is a better deal because you get 4 DIFFERENT tunes. With MCC, a lot of parameters can't be changed via shift on the fly (such as timing). With that being said, I have SCT sitting on my shelf that I haven't used in 2 years because I had so many problems with the device so I have gone to H&S and never looked back. I am keeping my SCT because it is applicable for off-road in case my H&S ever dies, but I hope to never have to use it again.

stroke4fun

Reaction score
I hear ya that is probably a good idea! So since Matt has released his MCC tuning has he had any updates to his tunes or changes just wondering if different versions are out there and they keep improving to some degree if so will that be free to update once you buy the first tune?

6.4psd916

Reaction score
I hear ya that is probably a good idea! So since Matt has released his MCC tuning has he had any updates to his tunes or changes just wondering if different versions are out there and they keep improving to some degree if so will that be free to update once you buy the first tune?

Normally as his tunes change he doesn't let you know, but that would mean he would need to keep every customer on record and their specific tunes also to modify and update. What's great is that if you have any problems or need something changed you may just write new tune with the newer version. Matt has always been great to me and sending me tune after tune trying to get something right.

sootie

Reaction score
Normally as his tunes change he doesn't let you know, but that would mean he would need to keep every customer on record and their specific tunes also to modify and update. What's great is that if you have any problems or need something changed you may just write new tune with the newer version. Matt has always been great to me and sending me tune after tune trying to get something right.

perfectly said-my experience also.

3brorce

Reaction score
Most/all tuners have a library of names of people that they have tuned along with which tunes they have. Just like updating guys from single files to csp5 tune files with the cummins now that its released.

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
hello all, not to sound dumb but im just trying to understand the package deal... I purchased ALL tunes including hot & race, so w/that being said are those avail utilizing shift on the fly? stock 50hp, tow 475hp, street 500+hp, performance/race 550hp where studs are recommended? The tuning package came w/3trans files & 1 engine so im assuming that's how it all works?

so far I like the cleaner power, seems like its more drivable in many situations over h&s tunes. I am noticing jerkiness when opening her up but cant quite put my finger on it yet but thinking its related to Tc lookup or shifting? any thoughts would greatly be appreciated. Thanks again, Jayson.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.