6.7 2011/2012MY Software Update version 3.0

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Guys,

Had mentioned this in the 13-16 ******* thread, but thought I'd start a fresh conversation here in case some of our 11-12 guys weren't monitoring that thread.

Software Update v3.0 will be available for download on Friday for our 11/12MY 6.7 customers. This will include some new features/tunes along with calibration changes. Update is as follows-

*All new transmission shifting for all HP levels
*Fixes for DTC's P2185, P2073, Intake throttle, and CCV codes.
*MAF recalibration- the new files will work flawlessly with larger intakes, such as the No Limit 5" kit.
*165HP and 200HP calibration have new turbocharger mapping. After some
new discoveries, we were able to pick up about a 20RWHP gain @ 3000RPM,
so there is a noticeable gain in performance.
*New throttle mapping (much smoother power transition)
*Addition of 120HP, 165HP, and 200HP "Enhanced Transmission" tunes.
These tunes will shift firmer, have more aggressive converter lockup, and will
see a big performance benefit from the additional lockup.

The software download will appear on our site Friday, along with being posted here. You'll need to contact tech@*******dieseltech.com to get a new index file. We will need the following from you:

Updated Disclaimer
Verify user info on our website

Mick in tech support can clarify anything he needs at the time of your update.

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Also want to add, we will be accepting requests for custom files for 6.7L applications starting next week.

uga33

Reaction score
Just did the update and loaded the 120 "Enhanced Trans" file up.

The biggest thing I wanted out of the update was to be able to unplug the throttle valve that has been laying in my engine bay plugged up for 6 months. Mission Accomplished!

The next thing was the harsh shifting in traffic at low speeds. After a few times through the gears in traffic, I am really pleased. Shifting is really nice at low speed, light throttle with this tune. Happy!

Trans seemed to learn a lot quicker since the update. It use to take my trans a long time to get the 2-3 and 5-6 shifts right after a reflash. 5-6 was perfect right out of the gate. The 2-3 shift was lazy 8-9 times through the gears. It is hitting perfect now. Shifts are on time and crisp. Decided to see what it would feel like with tow/haul mode engaged. Pure heaven!

EGTs were 950* and under with full throttle runs and boost was 23-25 psi.

Think I have found my new tow tune with the 120 "ET" tune. I'll play with more tunes this weekend and update. Really impressed with the overall drive-ability! Kudos to Matt, Jeff, Mick and all the ******* crew.

JSJ4613

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

The biggest thing I wanted out of the update was to be able to unplug the throttle valve that has been laying in my engine bay plugged up for 6 months. Mission Accomplished!

The next thing was the harsh shifting in traffic at low speeds. After a few times through the gears in traffic, I am really pleased. Shifting is really nice at low speed, light throttle with this tune. Happy!

Trans seemed to learn a lot quicker since the update. It use to take my trans a long time to get the 2-3 and 5-6 shifts right after a reflash. 5-6 was perfect right out of the gate. The 2-3 shift was lazy 8-9 times through the gears. It is hitting perfect now. Shifts are on time and crisp. Decided to see what it would feel like with tow/haul mode engaged. Pure heaven!

Think I have found my new tow tune with the 120 "ET" tune. I'll play with more tunes this weekend and update. Really impressed with the overall drive-ability! Kudos to Matt, Jeff, Mick and all the ******* crew.
I have my files,but do not know if I have to return truck to stock,before performing this update?Can you please advise?TY

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Loaded the 200 with enhanced trans I like it so far

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

FastFord

Reaction score
Was on the 15/16 post. Said you broke a tranny. Also said you learned some stuff. The big tunes not recommended for the 15/16 trucks or did some tuning cure that??

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Was on the 15/16 post. Said you broke a tranny. Also said you learned some stuff. The big tunes not recommended for the 15/16 trucks or did some tuning cure that??

I scorched the C35R and C456 clutch packs in my 15. Didn't break, persay, truck was still driving fine, but down on power.

I've added appropriate apply and hold pressures for those clutches in the performance files that will go to production for the 15/16 trucks, but heavy abuse with +225 or more HP files will take its toll on those clutch packs over time.

Edit to add-
My 2015 F450 with 4.30 gears deals with the 4-5 upshift drasticallly better than my SRW 350 did with 3.55 gears and the same 600RWHP calibration. The additional gearing removed some load.

You take a 3.55 geared truck, on bigger than 35" tires, and do some heavy boost launches at the track and/or repeated WOT runs resulting in a wide-open 4-5 upshift repeatedly, and the stock transmission is on borrowed time. This applies to anyone's tuning on the 2015/2016 trucks making mid-500 or more in power.

Last edited:

uga33

Reaction score
Loaded up the 200 "ET" and have put about 40 miles on the tune.

Shifting is incredible and the power is slightly up on the top end. Mid range performance is where the fun is.

Boost has topped out at 32psi (I can live with that) and EGTs were just slightly over 1000* on a couple pulls. I'll hopefully put it on a dyno in November to compare it to the earlier numbers I already have.

I only ran the 40hp tune before the updates because I felt like it had the best shifting out of all the tunes and adequate power. After running this updated Warhammer file, I believe the immensely improved shifting and new torque converter lockup schedule have given me a new daily driver tune.

I would love to see how a '15 truck will run once they get the '13-16 stuff released.

Latest posts

Members online