6L Headers... A few questions..

Status
Not open for further replies.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Blackwidow diesel and Maryland performance diesel make some nice log style manifolds made out of stainless steel that help with spoolup. Craig at MPD said he noticed them help alot with that.

patrickke

Reaction score
One of the guys from MPD posted in this thread...I asked them a few questions and never got a reply...

patrickke

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if at some point the stockers aren't as good as something aftermarket designed for a high hp application...

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I'm sorry but the manifolds available for the 6.0's don't beat what stock does. You cant just grab some pipe tee's and 90's, TIG them to a flange and expect them to work. There is way more work involved then that. 9 outta 10 times you actually cripple yourself doing things like that then you do knowing the cause and effects of the design, each piece, bend used, as well as material choice, etc.,

Last edited:

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if at some point the stockers aren't as good as something aftermarket designed for a high hp application...

Headers are better than the stockers period end of story and anyone that says otherwise is a fool. That said headers are not for everybody, but some of us that understand how things work want the best responding daily driver trucks out there and as such build them accordingly. We run them on all of our daily drivers with ZERO problems but I also do my own tuning and installations as well as use my own turbo mounts although I think the TN setup is ganna work out real well.
Now why are people saying not to use them???
Simple, they had a bad experience with them(yes BAE is aware of the problem). Are they fun to install ?? No but neither are injectors or turbos but we do it anyway for what they give us.

Last edited:

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
I'm sorry but the manifolds available for the 6.0's don't beat what stock does. You cant just grab some pipe tee's and 90's, TIG them to a flange and expect them to work. There is way more work involved then that. 9 outta 10 times you actually cripple yourself doing things like that then you do knowing the cause and effects of the design, each piece, bend used, as well as material choice, etc.,

hmm seems to work pretty good if you ask me we have 0 drive pressure issues and spool up on a s475 is like stock and can run 10.40s on fuel.......

Last edited:

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
One of the guys from MPD posted in this thread...I asked them a few questions and never got a reply...

sorry about that we have been testing them and waiting for our cnc machine to get fixed before we can make more flanges

The only thing we have them running on is whitey and that speaks for itself as far a spool up and the way it runs

we are currently installing them on a truck with a 66/71/.76 and well post up when we are finished
Thanks

patrickke

Reaction score
Headers are better than the stockers period end of story and anyone that says otherwise is a fool. That said headers are not for everybody, but some of us that understand how things work want the best responding daily driver trucks out there and as such build them accordingly. We run them on all of our daily drivers with ZERO problems but I also do my own tuning and installations as well as use my own turbo mounts although I think the TN setup is ganna work out real well.
Simple, they had a bad experience with them(yes BAE is aware of the problem). Are they fun to install ?? No but neither are injectors or turbos but we do it anyway for what they give us.

Do you have any 6L headers on any trucks? Any before and after comparisons? I'm not being an a$$ I'm just curious as to the changes with them.

patrickke

Reaction score
sorry about that we have been testing them and waiting for our cnc machine to get fixed before we can make more flanges

The only thing we have them running on is whitey and that speaks for itself as far a spool up and the way it runs

we are currently installing them on a truck with a 66/71/.76 and well post up when we are finished
Thanks

What s the price ball park on these?

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score

Did you get my text?

Sincerely,

A wise fool

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
Did you get my text?

Sincerely,

A wise fool

No I did not, but a crack in a weld does not mean headers are not a valid performance item. Interesting thing is that my personal trucks as well quite a few customers daily drivers perform very well on fuel and make great daily drivers, all with stuff( headers,cams,ported heads etc.) that supposedly don't work.

oh the irony of your sig there, priceless.

strokin6L

Reaction score

Sooooo, to make a bold statement like that...you obviously must have ran a set of headers or aftermarket manifolds on a 6L then right? If not...it's mearly just a worthless opinion of yours.

Last edited:

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Sooooo, to make a bold statement like that...you obviously must have ran a set of headers or aftermarket manifolds on a 6L then right? If not...it's mearly just a worthless opinion of yours.

Call it a worthless opinion or a proven fact, I don't care. Its pretty much known by juuuust about everyone that the 6.0 manifolds are the ticket in a build, all be it a 6.0 or a 6.4

Do you have access to a set of calipers? Solidworks?? Barnes and Noble??? a flowbench???? These are all things you will need to become familiar with to learn for yourself the cold hard truth since somebody spelling it out for you with alphabet letters on a fridge just isn't clicking.

And to sooth your discomfort, yes, I have been in on a little bit of testing, a little bit of removing and replacing, a little of everything. I wouldn't be in posting up if I hadn't

Regardless, its YOUR truck and YOUR money, so do what you please. Just remember, the question was asked and we gave answers, whether you agree, disagree, don't understand, cant comprehend, whatever it may be.

Best of luck in your venture

strokin6L

Reaction score
Call it a worthless opinion or a proven fact, I don't care. Its pretty much known by juuuust about everyone that the 6.0 manifolds are the ticket in a build, all be it a 6.0 or a 6.4

Do you have access to a set of calipers? Solidworks?? Barnes and Noble??? a flowbench???? These are all things you will need to become familiar with to learn for yourself the cold hard truth since somebody spelling it out for you with alphabet letters on a fridge just isn't clicking.

And to sooth your discomfort, yes, I have been in on a little bit of testing, a little bit of removing and replacing, a little of everything. I wouldn't be in posting up if I hadn't

Regardless, its YOUR truck and YOUR money, so do what you please. Just remember, the question was asked and we gave answers, whether you agree, disagree, don't understand, cant comprehend, whatever it may be.

Best of luck in your venture

Hmmmm yes 6L manifolds have proven to be good at 1000+hp. Doesn't mean an aftermarket set of manifolds(not headers) would flow a bit better . As it was already stated and proved by Craig at MPD that they did infact make a difference. And i've already talked to some with BWD's stainless manifolds and have experienced the same great results that Craig had said. Soooo the question is...do you not understand, can't comprehend that they just might help some? Maybe you need some more testing.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Hmmmm yes 6L manifolds have proven to be good at 1000+hp. Doesn't mean an aftermarket set of manifolds(not headers) would flow a bit better . As it was already stated and proved by Craig at MPD that they did infact make a difference. And i've already talked to some with BWD's stainless manifolds and have experienced the same great results that Craig had said. Soooo the question is...do you not understand, can't comprehend that they just might help some? Maybe you need some more testing.

Good luck, you're gonna need it

patrickke

Reaction score
I wish I could do a back to back test on stock manifolds, modded stock manifolds, stainless manifolds, & headers on a 6L... it would be nice to see anyone that has used aftermarket manifolds or headers besides mpd, just so we would have a little more unbiased view...

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
I wish I could do a back to back test on stock manifolds, modded stock manifolds, stainless manifolds, & headers on a 6L... it would be nice to see anyone that has used aftermarket manifolds or headers besides mpd, just so we would have a little more unbiased view...

:whs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.