7.3 obs or SD, or just go up to 6.0?

ibestroken

Reaction score
Na, not all of it bud. lol I agree a 6.0 can make some dang good power and be somewhat reliable after some work.

Next pull is next weekend in Boonville,nc

Reaction score
If you can find a clean 6.0 "cheap" enough and do the bullet proofing to know exactly what you have, that is thee ONLY way to buy one period, studs, egr delete, inspect turbo very closesly, the 05s and up eliminated the pos STC fitting and had a better HPOP IIRC.. Do an oil cooler while you're there and have the heads sent to a machine shop and have them checked realllllllyyy closesly. Tons of vendors who supply parts on here, and injectors have gotten alot cheaper (thank god) and well the turbos have gotten much more reasonable. 7.3 are die hard work horses, forged engines will take a tremendous amount of abuse, unfortunately the poor ole E4OD/4R100's just weren't upgraded enough for people putting tuners and upgrades... There are an ungodly amount of clean 7.3's down here middle tenn it makes me just sick seeing them being from northern mi though :toast:

swinky

Reaction score
If you can find a clean 6.0 "cheap" enough and do the bullet proofing to know exactly what you have, that is thee ONLY way to buy one period, studs, egr delete, inspect turbo very closesly, the 05s and up eliminated the pos STC fitting and had a better HPOP IIRC.. Do an oil cooler while you're there and have the heads sent to a machine shop and have them checked realllllllyyy closesly. Tons of vendors who supply parts on here, and injectors have gotten alot cheaper (thank god) and well the turbos have gotten much more reasonable. 7.3 are die hard work horses, forged engines will take a tremendous amount of abuse, unfortunately the poor ole E4OD/4R100's just weren't upgraded enough for people putting tuners and upgrades... There are an ungodly amount of clean 7.3's down here middle tenn it makes me just sick seeing them being from northern mi though :toast:
You got the stc fitting backwards. 05-07s are the problem childs
Na, not all of it bud. lol I agree a 6.0 can make some dang good power and be somewhat reliable after some work.

Next pull is next weekend in Boonville,nc
Maybe we can make it. Good luck!

Reaction score
I knew I wrong!! It's been a minute since I worked on one, but 6.0s aren't that bad, the coil springs sure are nicer than my spriny sprung obs though, atleast you don't spill that cold beverage on a back country road all over you better halfs shirt lol..

swinky

Reaction score
I knew I wrong!! It's been a minute since I worked on one, but 6.0s aren't that bad, the coil springs sure are nicer than my spriny sprung obs though, atleast you don't spill that cold beverage on a back country road all over you better halfs shirt lol..
They both have ups and downs. I will say a leaf spring front is much more forgiving to worn parts. Turning radius sucks though.

Tim1216

Reaction score
I just sold my '07 6.0 and got a 97 7.3 to save up some money, and I miss the 6.0 in every category. People think they're terrible, but once fixed right it's a more powerful 7.3, that's far more comfortable. If you can afford one, get a 6.7. Once I'm on the market to get a new truck I'm gonna hope to find a low mileage 6.0, or just get a 6.7. I loved my 6.0

Reaction score
So I ended up getting a 2006 CCLB 250 6.0l, with 128,000 miles,
She's got 6.4 Banjo Bolts, Blue Spring Upgrade, Upgraded STC Fitting, replaced oil cooler, EGR ******, new icp sensor, new ipr sensor, stand pipes and dummy plugs, coolant filter, 4 inch turbo back exhaust, and head studs, and a stage 1 powermax turbo, and several tunes form Vivian and nate and PHP on an SCT and the PHP 40 FICM, while studs were done, heads were removed, milled and reworked, and one injector was replaced, and oem gaskets used when heads and studs installed<br />
<br />
Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1445078286290.jpg

Swaan

Reaction score
Truck looks nice!
I have a 06 f350 with the 6.oh.
Also have a 97 7.3.
As far as trucks go the 6.o is way nicer to drive by far, so much more refined better in every way.
But I don't care what people say the 7.3 with injectors and turbo will out pull any 6.0 any day of the week and do it with out even working hard . Love my 7.3 .
Funny thou cuz the 06 is the first truck I'll grab everytime for daily driving lol!!

Latest posts

Members online