'76mm Tow power-X ???

code3f250

Reaction score
Well i'm about to sell the boat and throw some more money in to the truck, but a few questions first. Will the 76mm still perform well enough with the stock vgt turbo? The 76mm kit is already 4k so not looking to spend much more than that for the turbo alone even though i believe it comes with a wastegate and maybe new up pipe?

Obviously I would be getting studded and eventually beef up the trans. Does anybody have just the 76mm with the stock vgt turbo? If so how is the spool and how does it feel compared to stock?

Also, is this going to be a reliable set up or am I better off going with the 72mm atmosphere? I'm not looking to make insane numbers and want to stay on stock fuel and still be very reliable.

Thanks!

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I would do the drop in Jr. High power turbo if you are looking. Save yourself some money and get very close to the same results. Also there is no special piping or other things needed for the 76. If you are looking for a really sweet setup, get the 76/59 Jr. High Power combo. Very sweet setup

code3f250

Reaction score
I would do the drop in Jr. High power turbo if you are looking. Save yourself some money and get very close to the same results. Also there is no special piping or other things needed for the 76. If you are looking for a really sweet setup, get the 76/59 Jr. High Power combo. Very sweet setup

This is the link I was looking at when refering to the extra piping and what not with the 76mm http://www.elitedieselengineering.com/product/14002006/Tow-Power-X-Atmosphere-Turbo/

If i just went with the jr highpower low pressure turbo would that be a bad route to start off with? Will it still be a good daily driver with the stock VGT turbo or is it a must to go a little bigger. My main thing here is reliablity and cooler temps.

Thanks for the help so far!

B585Ford

Reaction score
I agree with jerry. Do the 76 drop in. Runs cool, runs strong

With a stock VGT?

I realize this would probably double the price of the turbo, but are there any drop in BB turbos in the range of 72-76?

Last edited:

jdgleason

Reaction score
With a stock VGT?

I realize this would probably double the price of the turbo, but are there any drop in BB turbos in the range of 72-76?

Since the op was looking for a 76, I just wanted to give input on the best option for that size with a stock vgt. I think the stock housing is a great option. I still believe that an upgraded vgt will probably help the 76 reach it's potential.

In stock housing variety, there are no bb turbos.

code3f250

Reaction score
Looking at the Jr high power I'm definetly very interested now. Still looking to keep the stock VGT simply for $$$ reasons. Are there any videos of this setup installed anywhere? I can't really find anything on youtube.

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
If it were me, since you never plan to add fuel I'd just get the 72 and use the money you save on an intake manifold.

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a TDI, wishing it was a Powerstroke

B585Ford

Reaction score
Since the op was looking for a 76, I just wanted to give input on the best option for that size with a stock vgt. I think the stock housing is a great option. I still believe that an upgraded vgt will probably help the 76 reach it's potential.

In stock housing variety, there are no bb turbos.

I wasn't questioning your response...I just waanted to know if you could get away with using a factory VGT with a 76.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Jd, you think the added fuel helps drive that charger? I'm wondering how it will react to stock fuel and the factory vgt

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.