'76mm Tow power-X ???

B585Ford

Reaction score
Thanks Wayne. I was planning to do a drop in 59 VGT with a BB 76....guess that idea is shot. I get what you, JD, and some of the others are saying with the HP Juniors, but I can't a BB turbo out of my head. I am looking forward to the results of the Holder 73.

Wayne

Reaction score
Ball bearing is fantastic, I just couldn't personally justify the price gap for nearly equal performance. It sounds like you want exactly what the tow-x kit is. it's a great setup, and I'm sure you'll love it if you go that route. I do get the reliability, and improved response aspects though... as well as sound :D It is also more difficult to work on due to more, larger parts under the hood. :( Adding that casting really makes it difficult to pull turbos.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Ball bearing is fantastic, I just couldn't personally justify the price gap for nearly equal performance. It sounds like you want exactly what the tow-x kit is. it's a great setup, and I'm sure you'll love it if you go that route. I do get the reliability, and improved response aspects though... as well as sound :D It is also more difficult to work on due to more, larger parts under the hood. :( Adding that casting really makes it difficult to pull turbos.

You nailed on the head as to why I have always dreamed of a BB turbo....especially since I have a gear jammer and have a hot shot business on the side....not to mention turbo whistle is the ultimate aphrodisiac LOLLOL

webb06

Reaction score
It is also more difficult to work on due to more, larger parts under the hood. :( Adding that casting really makes it difficult to pull turbos.

That ain't no joke...even with the cab off its a pain getting them stabbed and the bolts started. I can't imagine doing it cab on

B585Ford

Reaction score
That ain't no joke...even with the cab off its a pain getting them stabbed and the bolts started. I can't imagine doing it cab on

Well if I go that route, hopefully they will never need removed....after all you went through with cracked blocks, I am sure you could do it in your sleep now.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score

I put the entire High Power Kit on cab on. Wastegating and all. :pimp:
I may have said :wtf: a few times along the way.

Wayne

Reaction score
That's pretty much exactly what I did on Erik's truck the night before DPC '12. Turbos blew at 4:30 in the afternoon. Swapped them cab-on, and had it rolling by about 1 the morning of DPC. It's not fun. knuckles were bleeding, forearms were itchy with firewall insulation, but it got done.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
That's pretty much exactly what I did on Erik's truck the night before DPC '12. Turbos blew at 4:30 in the afternoon. Swapped them cab-on, and had it rolling by about 1 the morning of DPC. It's not fun. knuckles were bleeding, forearms were itchy with firewall insulation, but it got done.

I totally know what you mean Wayne. I bet that was as fun as jerking off with a fist full of razor blades. :doh:

Wayne

Reaction score
Cant-touch-this.jpg

code3f250

Reaction score
What exactly Is the difference in the tow power x vs the jr high power they are both 76mm. Is it sounds and efficiency due to the ball bearings?

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
What kind of power are High Power's capable of? Any chance of a CCSB getting close to the 11's in 1/4 mile with them? On fuel only

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a TDI, wishing it was a Powerstroke

04stroker

Reaction score
For those of you talking of swapping turbos can on screw that! LOL I have done it and is a royal PITA. If you have access to a lift I would lift the cab every time to do turbos. Much faster for me anyway.

jdgleason

Reaction score
What exactly Is the difference in the tow power x vs the jr high power they are both 76mm. Is it sounds and efficiency due to the ball bearings?

The precision 76 and stock housing 76 are quite a bit different. They use the same compressor wheel, but different housings, center section, and turbine.

Latest posts

Members online