96 7.3 no start when hot

Reaction score
7.3 is having a hard time starting after running for around 30 minutes and then shutting off has a new IPR valve new ICP new crankshaft sensor and injectors. Starts up fone when cold. And runs great just wont restart without wait I couple hours. Any ideas

pullandpray

Reaction score
I had a poppet sick on a brand new injector and caused the exact same issue your having. When it's hot oil thine out enough it wouldn't build enough pressure to start.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
As stated, watch cranking ICP. My bet is injector o-rings. There have been a lot of issues with o-rings, which I believe was due to a bad batch of them being released from the manufacturer (some point early to mid last year). A lot of people are still seeing the effects from this.

bruce

Reaction score
who reman's o'reilly's injectors? there are some things you just don't buy at generic auto parts stores, injectors are 1

Reaction score
who reman's o'reilly's injectors? there are some things you just don't buy at generic auto parts stores, injectors are 1

Delphi is the company that Remans for O'Reilly and Advance. We've seen a lot of them and we don't accept them as cores. They're worse than Pensacola Diesel.

I would start by looking at ICP pressure, I would also say you either have a bad oring or poppet valve sticking open.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Delphi is the company that Remans for O'Reilly and Advance. We've seen a lot of them and we don't accept them as cores. They're worse than Pensacola Diesel.

I would start by looking at ICP pressure, I would also say you either have a bad oring or poppet valve sticking open.
worse then penacola? holy chit....

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.