99 7.3 RCSB w/ blowby value?

Snoop

Reaction score
99 7.3 RCSB with 120,000 on the clock has excessive blow. I'm sure it has a cracked piston, rings, or damaged wall on #8. Failed #8 test on IDS.

Body is real beat up, engine bay is clean, rear springs are gone, tires are chit, rear end is welded.

What do you value something like this at? Customer's truck...

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
E99 or late? I wouldn't give anymore than $2000 for something that needed an engine and was beat up.

Arisley

Reaction score
1500 if the interior is spotless.

Sent from my truck while eating, adjusting the radio and passing a Mustang sideways.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Why is the blowby excessive? Has anyone put a blowby gauge on it? Powerstrokes have alit of visibe blowby, means nothing unless its blowing the fill cap off the valve cover if its upside down?

Snoop

Reaction score
POURING smoke/vapor out of the CCV and filler neck. Did the upside oil cap test, blew right off. I know 7.3 will have a little haze to them in the CCV but this one is pouring out smoke. Started out with an oil leak that I have yet to find other than the oil pan just being wet. The whole valley was soaking in oil, cleaned it up, have yet to see any damp spots...not sure what that was all about. Originally thought turbo drain, HPOP. Could it be pushing oil through the CCV? Motor actually sounds ok, has trouble starting (probably GP related), and just failed #8 cylinder contribution test.

Interior is a 5 out of 10.

Has a banks 6 gun on it right now....that HAS to go.

ghohouston

Reaction score
And those ”mystery” oil leaks on 7.3's, could be a few things. Turbo or pedistal o rings, leaking hpop gasket, leaking hpop plug, leaking ipr o ring, im yet to see one just straight push oil out of the ccv, if the clamps get loose on it it gets the valley/engine bay quite dirty. Other common leaks could be the nut on side of pan for the oil dipstick backs itself loose, a big pair of channel locks wil tighten it. Ive also seen small galley plugs near oil cooler on side of block back out and leak. Oil cooler is another possibility. And dont forget, a 7.3 has a drain for the valley at the bellhousing, and it drains to the flex plate inspection cover, which will give a good oil leak if the valley is leaking, or recently washed

Snoop

Reaction score
Haha. Yeah it's in bad shape. But he bought it a year ago and never drove it cuz it needs so much work.

I'm gonna keep looking for that oil leak but I got everything really clean and dry and no fresh oil yet. Ill check all those locations out. Flywheel is dry, but inside and out of bell housing is covered in oil, really weird. The access plate was pouring oil out before I cleaned everything.

Arisley

Reaction score
Just once, through 3 jock straps. Used and dirty ones of course.

It should not be called Vodka. It is actually bottled hangover.

However, mixed with Tomato Juice, Woo sauce, some Tobasco, and a dab of horseradish, it will help to delay the hangover.

Latest posts

Members online