99 7.3 RCSB w/ blowby value?

Snoop

Reaction score
Ok guys... The owner wants to sell this thing. He would like to get 2k put of it. Question is, is it worth for me to get another motor to put in it, do some TLC, fix the welded rear end, rear bumper, and put stock springs back in the rear?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 47

CSIPSD

Reaction score
... Hate to see what you rate other peoples trucks, thats not a bad looking rig at all...

Snoop

Reaction score
Lol ya I wish. But seriously, is it even worth my time? How much could I get out of parts? I don't want to do anything to break even. I can sit at home for nothing. Is a motor swap worth it?

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Only you can decide if it is worth it. How much is your time worth to you? What do you want the truck for? Are you mechanically inclined? I can swap a motor in 4-6 hours so def worth it to me but it may not be to you.

Snoop

Reaction score
Yeah doing the motor swap would be perfectly fine with me. I don't think I want to part it out. I'd be sitting on money for a little too long for my liking. If I do a motor swap with an average mileage 7.3, what kind of value would you then put on the truck? I'd just do the motor and leave the rest up to the buyer.

jngreen

Reaction score
If that truck would run and drive fine, it would probably be worth closer to $5000 (my uneducated opinion). If you throw a good motor in it and you could almost double your money on it for the cost of your labor. I would offer him $1500 for it and go from there.

Latest posts

Members online