A little update from me

B585Ford

Reaction score
So I did some datalogging last night in the truck. Did a WOT run to ~100.

Max boost- 49.4
Max EBP- 84 (absolute)
Max EGT's- ~1600
Ambient Temps were about 85*

On the EBP, that would put you around 70. For DD (non-competition) truck with stock valvetrain, would you agree that 70 PSI (84 absolute) is the very max to push it to?

Ipkyss

Reaction score
84-85 absolute is as far as I would go without a gate.

I am wondering why it is so high? I know Jeff's truck is lower than that. And the highest I ever see at any rpm/ throttle position is 55-56 (55+14=69 total). This is on the Spartan 310. I have my voice alert at 60psi and it has not gone off since swaping to the 71mm.

jdgleason

Reaction score
I am wondering why it is so high? I know Jeff's truck is lower than that. And the highest I ever see at any rpm/ throttle position is 55-56 (55+14=69 total). This is on the Spartan 310. I have my voice alert at 60psi and it has not gone off since swaping to the 71mm.

Altitude should play a big factor in that. My turbo has to work hard to move that much air.

Dustball8504

Reaction score
Yeah mine with Xrace is almost 1:1. Still waiting on Matt to send me the tunes with the new serial number in them so I can compare his race to your numbers also.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Altitude should play a big factor in that. My turbo has to work hard to move that much air.

I always forget about altitude... I think I am at about 400ft. I actually think the highest I have been is around 2000ft. One pass in PA and one in VT.

Around 4-5000ft on my sled. After about 3000ft it started to run horrible...

B585Ford

Reaction score
I am at about 800 ft. I have my defuel set at 1350 and have never been able to hit that using H&S. On the H&S 250 or 300 with Low Boost Fueling set 1 or above I see 1:1 up to about 35 PSI of boost, but then at higher RPMs/Boost, the EBP starts to take off and I can get the EBP to 70 if I don't let off. That is the only parameter that I really have to watch. I suspect the programming is why I see this, but I guess the ported intake manny, 6.0 exhaust manny, or up pipes could be a factor. Right now, I am just waiting to see if Matt or Eric will offer any programs for the H&S.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Everyone I see with the 1:1 at wot are monitoring with dashdaqs

Thats just because you have the option to monitor it with or without amosopheric pressure. I don't think any other monitor does? I like without as it makes more sense to me when you are watching it next to boost.

And if it matters. Which I can't come up with any practical reason why it would. My EBP sensor is in the driverside exhaust manifold.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm sure the cf was high , ie 20% plus. Typically hallers reads a bit high corrected , but I don't believe the numbers are skewed a crazy amount as track times aren't very far off. I believe the peak number is a good bit high though. Perfect example , my truck dyno'd here on a dynojet at sea level uncorrected and did 589 with high powers , but ran 12.48 @ 107 at 8350. Trap speed said 675 which I believe to be somewhat correct. The truck dyno'd 723 on hallers, same setup only two weeks later. I think JD's increases speak for themselves. Improvement is huge for cost and labor. Great fricken mod no doubt about it.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Thats just because you have the option to monitor it with or without amosopheric pressure. I don't think any other monitor does? I like without as it makes more sense to me when you are watching it next to boost.

And if it matters. Which I can't come up with any practical reason why it would. My EBP sensor is in the driverside exhaust manifold.

With or without barometric pressure doesnt matter as long as you remember to subtract it. H&S doesnt include barometric.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score

If you're reading without barometric, you're reading EBP desired. That isn't the actual number you're seeing. It's desired, meaning that is what the computer wants to see. At some points it's spot on and at other points it's off. Reading absolute and doing the math is the best way to do it.

Latest posts

Members online