Absolute Apex Manifold only

f3502wd

Reaction score
Why anyone would question the benefit of a ported manifold I just don't understand. It just works, works better with minor mods, works awesome with bigger mods.

The motor is nothing more than an air pump. Get air in, get air out smoothly and efficiently the gains will show themselves.

So your theory is that companies should not dyno their products bc "it just works?"

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
No theory but the fact is companies will NOT dyno their products to give real numbers. That's what I have seen for YEARS when posts like this pop up. Aftermarket companies tout all kinds of HYPE with very little data to show proof. It ends up being the enthusiast that post up the numbers and show the gains.

My theory is we shouldn't buy ANY product without actual data showing the proven results and gains. It's a nice dream.....it's not happening anytime soon.

FWIW anyone who has any interest in motors and hotrods can read YEARS of info about building motors. One of the first things is airflow improvements.

f3502wd

Reaction score
only gain my truck made with a fully ported intake was lower egts. roughly 200 degrees.

Ive read that you get quicker spool too. But I still want to see it on a dyno. Bc Im not paying $900 for something to lower my egts 200*

f3502wd

Reaction score
No theory but the fact is companies will NOT dyno their products to give real numbers. That's what I have seen for YEARS when posts like this pop up. Aftermarket companies tout all kinds of HYPE with very little data to show proof. It ends up being the enthusiast that post up the numbers and show the gains.

My theory is we shouldn't buy ANY product without actual data showing the proven results and gains. It's a nice dream.....it's not happening anytime soon.

FWIW anyone who has any interest in motors and hotrods can read YEARS of info about building motors. One of the first things is airflow improvements.

I can show you thousands of mustang videos in which companies dyno their products. If you are going to claim HP gains then you need to prove it. We all know that a cold air intake is going to breath better but companies still dyno for numbers. Same with an exhaust. Why is this ported intake any different

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
Yeah ported intakes really aren't needed. Its a lot of money for not much. I only noticed lower Egts about the same too

That's what I was concerned about mostly tho.

Last edited:

SleeperDuty

Reaction score
only gain my truck made with a fully ported intake was lower egts. roughly 200 degrees.

I'm surprised you didn't notice some sort of gain via the butt dyno. A 200 degree drop to me anyways shows that it improved air flow.

SleeperDuty

Reaction score
Why anyone would question the benefit of a ported manifold I just don't understand. It just works, works better with minor mods, works awesome with bigger mods.

The motor is nothing more than an air pump. Get air in, get air out smoothly and efficiently the gains will show themselves.

The steed speed exhaust manifolds looked like a winner from the start. Iirc Mike D, did some dyno runs and actually lost power and his spool up was worse.

SleeperDuty

Reaction score
Guys, I'm not making any promises on getting dyno results they may happen they may not though it would be nice to get some!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
The steed speed exhaust manifolds looked like a winner from the start. Iirc Mike D, did some dyno runs and actually lost power and his spool up was worse.

yeah, a very expensive test for me as well. the truck lost noticeable spoolup and about 70hp . that's why we test stuff !!

SleeperDuty

Reaction score
Do we have a base test without the intake?

I'll have base numbers Friday!

I can't find the time to drop my truck off at tsd for the two days they'd like to have it as they're a 3hr drive away and Friday is my only "free day" ot really do anything. Anyway I'll get the base Friday then some time next week, I'll get it installed by a local shop. I'm going to drive it around for a few days after the install to get some seat time before taking it back for the after numbers!

f3502wd

Reaction score
I'll have base numbers Friday!

I can't find the time to drop my truck off at tsd for the two days they'd like to have it as they're a 3hr drive away and Friday is my only "free day" ot really do anything. Anyway I'll get the base Friday then some time next week, I'll get it installed by a local shop. I'm going to drive it around for a few days after the install to get some seat time before taking it back for the after numbers!

Now thats great:joy: Thanks bud

SleeperDuty

Reaction score
Got 421hp. Something in my drive shaft is shot the second run was cut off half way in to the run. Truck smoked like a damn train gotta get some data on what's going on with it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online