After lift ...Noise on the front driver side

RaganWorthington

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just recently installed a 8 inch lift on my truck myself. When I hit a bump or dip while driving slow I can hear a click in the drivers side front end. I dont know if anyone might know what this is but any info would be great. I also noticed my leafs springs are squeeky after installing 2 more to each side . Please serious help I dont want to hear..... well you should have taken it somewhere. I do all my own work whether I know how to or not. Ill figure it out and if I made a mistake the help from others troubleshooting me is what teaches me

Ryan2012F350

Reaction score
If it was me I'd just start on one side and make sure everything is tight all the way across. Lots of parts that could be loose just a little bit and make a click.

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Bottom Shock bolt not tight enough?! My icon did this a little ways after lift but it was because of me having to adjust track bar and maybe getting wheel alignment after....But shock bolt tightened and noise went away and lift functions as its supposed to!

bigbrdf250

Reaction score
Check your sway bar/stabilizer bar end links. Mine were hitting the knuckle by the hub vacuum hose. The need to be adjusted in the further most forward position if it's that.

Stroked777

Reaction score
For the squeaking in the rear, it could be the springs are bound. What I did when I lifted my old truck was snug up all the bolts then put all the weight on the springs then did the final tightening because that's how everything is gunna sit all the time. If you tighten everything with it up in the air then it it down you can twist bushings in the springs and make stuff wear out faster

carcare

Reaction score
Check trac bar bushing bolt on drivers side. Needs to be tight !! Not sure on spec but it's like 250 or more I think

L1 master, I-car certified collision, paint

Latest posts

Members online