Air bag light on...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Pulled code...

Looks to me its the passanger air bag indicator?

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 41

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Just thought of something... I wonder with all the stereo pulling in and out over the last two weeks if I could not have unplugged the damn thing...

Oh damn... Got to check that tomorrow.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Well its plugged in, checked the #22 and #23 fuses and there good so I guess I should order a new switch? Maybe I can pick one up from a wrecking yard first...

With that code is there anything else I can check first?

co04cobra

Reaction score
No, that is the problem. If its plugged in and doesn't light its the circuit board itself. If you pull one from a wrecking yard just make sure it works first. As I said before you can get one from about any Ford with a on/off switch and transfer the circuit board.

PDT1081

Reaction score
Can just the light be burnt out? Possible to just replace that? My airbag light came on one day flashing code 27 (I think it was). The airbag "off" light wouldn't come on. Suddenly came on a couple days later and luckily hasn't given me any problems.

dmeis

Reaction score
I've had this issue two times with mine. The indicator bulb in the black box where you use the key to disable the passenger air bag burnt out. I replaced it with a LED and a resistor. After about 8 years, it went out again a few months ago. So I put another LED in it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

CSIPSD

Reaction score
So it could be as simple as a burnt out bulb... I wont have time to work on it for at least a week, but when I do I would love to know what size LED and resistor... Or there could be a possibility to replace the bulb.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Its probably the module where you turn the passenger side bag off. When you turn your key to on position see if the "off" lights up and then goes out. If you don't see it light up that is the problem. That is where they usually fail.

Thats good.to know!

co04cobra

Reaction score
So it could be as simple as a burnt out bulb... I wont have time to work on it for at least a week, but when I do I would love to know what size LED and resistor... Or there could be a possibility to replace the bulb.

Yes they can be fixed sometimes by resoldering the buld and/or the resistor. I won't fix them that way at our shop b/c of the liability issue, but many have fixed them that way.

And I didn't see any good ones over in the parts yard.

Latest posts

Members online