Air management

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Is there anyone running any type of auto air management systems under their trucks for bags? I want to run a compressor and tank setup where my spare was so I can add or reduce air pressure with ease. I've looked into a few but curious as to what you guys that have experience with this subject recommend and run?
Thanks everyone

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Are you talking about just for rear axle bags, full air ride or somewhere in between?

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Only rear bags I am running a set of carli long travels

Attachments

• 20151210_085230.jpg
    20151210_085230.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 140
  • 20151210_085220.jpg
    20151210_085220.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 123

Arconalloy

Reaction score
I see what your talking about now it's called the wireless one. I would like to simultaneously fill both bags like that but would like a tank set up I can run a separate line off of for general use as well

zporta

Reaction score
Are you referring to just running an onboard air system with rear helper bags?

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Yes for rear heloer bags. What I'm looking to do is have on board compressor and tank mounted under the truck tied into both rear bags so I can control the psi in the two simultaneously when I need to from remote or inside the truck plus have a general use air line split off the tank as well for air anywhere when needed. Looking for a 100% duty cycle compressor by the way

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I run firestone air bags and an Airlift Wireless One compressor. Its simple and small and have it above my spare tire. I don't have an extra tank just air the bags up and down with the compressor as needed. There is nothing wrong with the airlift bags either we have just always used firestones and had good luck with them

Arconalloy

Reaction score
I run firestone air bags and an Airlift Wireless One compressor. Its simple and small and have it above my spare tire. I don't have an extra tank just air the bags up and down with the compressor as needed. There is nothing wrong with the airlift bags either we have just always used firestones and had good luck with them

I would go that route if I didn't want a spare air line for other things. Might throw a hornbladter horn under there as well later who knows

HOUTX01X

Reaction score

I like my firestones. The only issue I had was the fill line broke and I lost all air in that bag. Ended up ruining it. No biggie they sell replacements

zporta

Reaction score
I have an airlift on board air kit with their load lifter 5000 kit. Exactly what you are wanting to do

CD1A5CAA-E9B6-4FBD-B5D2-0ED4AE229FEF_zpsyqle64gf.jpg

22C05D23-642C-45F8-A571-EE551BB78E1E_zpsohwephku.jpg

A8D1F75D-BC9F-43D0-84D5-AAF59A885EB6_zpsedmexmyr.jpg

1059D4F0-4649-4EA9-8A79-744AF68572FE_zpssenkf3bg.jpg

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
I had a bad experience with an Airlift controller on my previous '02 and I swore a better install this time around. It was an auto controller and the pressure sensors went bad and I couldn't get replacements. It was almost uncontrollable at best. I ended up putting a power switch on it and then manually controlling the bags and then turning it off so the automatic operation didn't take over.

This time I started with a manual setup and Firestone bags. When it is done, I will have tank and bag pressure readings on the CTS and electric solenoids for the independent bag fill and dump. I currently have the dual gauge and pneumatic valves in place below the cup holders until I can get some time to dedicate some energy to completing the install.

imagejpg1_zpsded6c9fe.png

zporta

Reaction score
Mine isn't hooked directly to the compressor but to the tank. So the compressor fills the tank to 140psi. My switch fills the bags and releases air as well. One needle reads bag pressure and the other reads tank pressure.

TripleStrokes

Reaction score
I've been running Firestone bags with a Air Lift wireless controller for 5 years now and love it..but if you live in a freezing climate i definitely recommend air line alcohol.
But with an air tank you might consider a more cfm producing compressor.

Latest posts

Members online