air ride

eastern

Reaction score
Alright have about had it with the company my wife bought my air ride system from. Have replaced just about every part and now my compressor **** the bed for the third time and want to buy a compressor that has high volume and will hold up. Does anyone have any suggestions. About ready to rip the system out and sell for scrap.

rat49f6

Reaction score
I would reccomend viair or air zenith... Sour zenith is rebuildable viair is not

No matter what I always reccomend a 100% duty cycle compressor and atleast a gallon tank

Also placing the compressor in the engine bay helps with keeping road grime off it

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

eastern

Reaction score
it is an airbagit kit. you can laugh anotha sucka. Well it was a gift from my wife and I don't even like giving them the advertising even if it is bad. There site says they offer lifetime warrenty on there compressors ya right. Have had this thing rebuilt twice already and trying to get them to fix it this time. If they do I will keep it for back up. Vair is the ones I was looking at. Any vendors on site like to give them the business. Also I put all the componants in the bed to keep them out of the elements also have a cover over bed.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
How big of a viair are you looking for? I've got a 444c sitting in my garage that I took off of my truck when I took my bags off.

eastern

Reaction score
Had the biggest comp they offered . it is a 3/4 hp. Want something that is high volume. even thought of daul pumps.

Strokersace

Reaction score
it is an airbagit kit. you can laugh anotha sucka. Well it was a gift from my wife and I don't even like giving them the advertising even if it is bad. There site says they offer lifetime warrenty on there compressors ya right. Have had this thing rebuilt twice already and trying to get them to fix it this time. If they do I will keep it for back up. Vair is the ones I was looking at. Any vendors on site like to give them the business. Also I put all the componants in the bed to keep them out of the elements also have a cover over bed.

Not laughing here. Was wondering cause I've been eyeballing their kits.

eastern

Reaction score
no don't do it. Trevor from PMF knows his ****, and he is a sponsor. Was talking to him when my wife ordered the other kit. She didn't know I was looking at another system, and hell when I was having problems he chimed in to help me. Can't say that for the other guy just wanted more money to fix the problem.

rat49f6

Reaction score
also what is your budget

this happens to be my thing as i have done quite a few mini truck air systems

eastern

Reaction score
well prob. got 3-4 k in the system already. I am at the point where I just want it reliable and working. Tell me what you suggest and I will prob. go with it.

rat49f6

Reaction score
well u have a few choices from viair ... i def suggest a dual pack of some sort

480c dual pack ... fills 5 gallon tank 0 -200 psi in 5 mins about $400
http://www.viaircorp.com/OnRoad/dual480c.html

444c dual pack... fills5 gallon tank 0-200 psi in 5 min 30 sec about $300
http://www.viaircorp.com/OnRoad/dual444c.html

380c dual pack... fills 5 gallon tank 0-200 psi in 7 min 11 sec about $300
http://www.viaircorp.com/OnRoad/dual380c.html

air zenith ob-2 single fills 5 gallon tank 0-200 psi in 5 min 14 sec about $350 and rebuildable
http://shop.air-zenith.com/200psiob2-black.aspx

the links given are the company websites i know much better suppliers with better prices once you decide what you want

eastern

Reaction score
I think I would go with the zenith so I could install it in place of the other comp. in the box they supplied. You could see the box (plug and play) on there site. Daul would be great so there is a back up if there was a problem. But I am sending mine back to see if they are going to do something with it. Pulled it out of the box last night and the checked to see if something happened to the compressor but it was in good shape and there was black soot all around wires where they went into the housing. Contact me and I will order the zenith.
Thanks

neverkickn

Reaction score
Sounds like something is arcing. Is there a grommet where the wires enter the box?

eastern

Reaction score
ya there is a grommet and it looked good. There was no sparks just smoke rolling out of it around the grommet. When powered up sounds like the motor wants too turn but won't. When I had the comp. taken apart it would spin no problem. I think windings in motor burnt up and shorting. Don't want to take motor apart, I will send it back and let them so they can't say I did something to it by taking it apart. Just sucks truck sitting in driveway like a lowrida. LOL Going to borrow my buddies comp till I get something.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I would definitely go with two pumps. I ran two with the kit I had on a 2004 F150 and they fill a lot faster if you are out of air and don't have to run as long. Sounds like a wire issue with the other pumps. Did they turn on and off often and run for short intervals?

http://shop.air-zenith.com/22superkitblack.aspx.

I am planning on this or similar for my truck. Air bags for towing support, airing up tires and air tools.

Last edited:

rat49f6

Reaction score
Erik no real need for to az compressors as 1 fills 5 gsllon tank in the same time as 2 viairs

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online