Aisin Transmission- 2013 Ram

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Does anyone know where a guy can get an Aisin built to hold some power?

Have a customer currently with approximately 600hp, but the fueling for much more than that.

Transmission is an early stages ATS build... probably 2 years old now and this truck blows right through it.

Does anyone build something that can take some abuse yet?

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
I saw that, just had to double check, don't see many trucks with the aisin being modified. as far as i know there is not a single aftermarket upgrade available for them. At least nothing from ATS, Suncoast, or Revmax.
Edit: Just called ATS out of my own curiosity and they do build them after all but they dont sell any parts or kits, its all in house.

Last edited:

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
They do build them... this has one of their builds, mentioned above.

What they don't build is for higher horsepower. Customer has 7-8k to drop on this transmission as a complete drop in unit, but no one I have found can build it to handle 6-700hp.

Almost wondering if a 48 swap is the best route?

Revmax

Reaction score
We offer a built AS69RC unit for the 2013+ Rams. That said, we have yet to here of a failure. In fact, we were testing (beating) a 2014 truck with the AS69RC on a HPP max effort tune 130+HP and are pleased to say the stock transmission took it with ease..

Time will tell how much they can handle, but so far, nobody has pushed one hard enough to kill it (it will happen)...

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
They are worse than the 68RFE, a LOT of crap design in them. When I sat down with Suncoast a few months ago they said its a horrible transmission, and to build one you would pretty much have to re-engineer everything in it.

Reaction score

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
We offer a built AS69RC unit for the 2013+ Rams. That said, we have yet to here of a failure. In fact, we were testing (beating) a 2014 truck with the AS69RC on a HPP max effort tune 130+HP and are pleased to say the stock transmission took it with ease..

Time will tell how much they can handle, but so far, nobody has pushed one hard enough to kill it (it will happen)...

The transmission we currently have is slipping ridiculously. In the stock tune you can go 1/2 throttle, but beyond that it revs to the moon. In any other file it wont hardly move without slipping it.

This truck has studs, ATS compounds, a 33% over stock CP3, Big Bang stage 3 injectors, 40" tires, and weighs about 9500lbs. Being EFI live tuned by mr. millikan.

Whoever can build one strong enough for that... we are all ears! Suncoast, ATS, BD, and Firepunk have all said no.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I'd lean towards the Alli just because it's a 6 speed, helps get all the weight moving.

It would be SO MUCH more simple if RevMax was confident in their transmission. This truck does not get raced or any competition use... its just big and heavy. The compounds are utilizing the stock turbo, so it can't make too crazy of power. But I would imagine that 600 would be plenty doable with a 475 on top of the stock turbo and this much fuel.

600hp at 9500lbs with 40" tires.... It's going to be a big task for most any transmission!

Radioflyer

Reaction score
If it were me, I'd look into a 4R100 or a 48RE.

x2 these would be my first two options if he's not too worried about mpg and what not. With 40's, I can't imagine he is anyways LOL. A decently built allison can handle the power no problem, but controlling it standalone, i'd rather not. Just my opinion.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
If it were me, I'd look into a 4R100 or a 48RE.
Definitely agree! More familiar with those
x2 these would be my first two options if he's not too worried about mpg and what not. With 40's, I can't imagine he is anyways LOL. A decently built allison can handle the power no problem, but controlling it standalone, i'd rather not. Just my opinion.

Is this bell housing the same as a 5.9? If we could do a 4r100 swap, I would be all over that in a moments time.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Definitely agree! More familiar with those

Is this bell housing the same as a 5.9? If we could do a 4r100 swap, I would be all over that in a moments time.

I'm pretty sure the bell housing for a 5.9 is going to be different than a newer 6.7. have a friend ripping his 68rfe out for a 48 and we gotta change the bell housing.

4r100 i'm sure is possible. T-case adaptation, and drive shafts will probably have to be custom but if you want give me a shout and I can put you in contact with a guy who's done a few stand alone swaps. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.