Another Hydra post!!!

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Just another post about the Hydra chip!!! If you have a 7.3, and want one of the best pieces of hardware to come out for these trucks in 5-8 years, this is it...

Just loaded two more tunes from PowerStruck this afternoon... That makes 10 tunes, loaded without removing the chip, without having to ship it, burn it or even touch it. Takes seconds to load them...

If your looking for a new chip, give this a good hard look.

http://www.powerhungryperformance.com/_hydra_chip.shtml

http://www.power-struck.com/#!product/prd4/1136261171/hydra-17-postion

http://www.alligatorperformance.com/product-p/php-hydra.htm

https://gearheadautomotiveperforman...-Diesel-Performance-Tuning-Products/PHP-Hydra

http://www.totaldieselperformance.com/PHP-Hydra-Chip-p/php-hydra-chip.htm

Montgomery P-Stroke

Reaction score
Second that...my brother bought one for his and it makes me want one just for the ease of changing tunes without pulling the chip.

mustube

Reaction score
+1, it's so nice to not have to wait two weeks to get new tunes loaded on a chip.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

co04cobra

Reaction score
What happens if there is a loss of power or loss of internet during the download?

dsberman94

Reaction score
Delete the tune from the chip and redownload the tune to the chip.

Joe how are the powerstruck tunes? Gonna be the next big name for tunes?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
What happens if there is a loss of power or loss of internet during the download?

What down load? I have all my tunes saved to a file on my laptop. If there is a loss of power to your laptop then it just doesnt program that pos.

Delete the tune from the chip and redownload the tune to the chip.

Joe how are the powerstruck tunes? Gonna be the next big name for tunes?

Just loaded the tunes tonight before heading back to the RV. The power was there with no smoke, but there was traffic.

co04cobra

Reaction score
What down load? I have all my tunes saved to a file on my laptop. If there is a loss of power to your laptop then it just doesnt program that pos.

You have to be connected to PHPs server or main frame to load tunes right? I have not read up on the hydra much.

CSIPSD

Reaction score

You have to be connected to PHPs server or main frame to load tunes right? I have not read up on the hydra much.

Only there tunes... If your downloading there tunes off the server.

dsberman94

Reaction score

Like joe said only of your loading a php tune. Any tune that gets emailed to you gets saved to the computer the loaded onto the chip.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
We also have these in stock and at this point have installed 25+ of them. A very nicely put together piece with endless options.

If your running stock injectors you have an entire lineup of tunes to pick from, for any year of 7.3.... all you need is internet connection.

If you want to purchase tunes from any of the other tuners, its a simple email and loading process before trying them out.

All very simple to use and extremely time efficient compared to older options.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I want to get one, but with no limit doing my tuning and them still not supporting this, I don't see one in my future anytime soon.

I don't see them supporting it any time soon either since they just paired with DP tuner. I wish they were writing for the hydra. It would be nice if they started it again.

PABowhunter

Reaction score
Where are you guys mounting the switches? Thats the only thing I don't like about the Hydra.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I made a mount, Plan on making a bit better one when I have time...

I do believe there is a vendor setting up to make a mount, not sure where they are with it right now...

1230099_208123389362737_462571798_n.jpg

15067_208123376029405_1752301094_n.jpg

Last edited:

dsberman94

Reaction score
Where are you guys mounting the switches? Thats the only thing I don't like about the Hydra.

I put it directly over the hole that was drilled when the PO installed a ts6 switch. If I slouch down in the seat my left knee will hit it. Keep inland I'm 6'4"so I have long legs. I think I lost the picture or I would post it.

Latest posts

Members online