Another Shaft Bites the dust.

Danbonzo

Reaction score
Tadd must get wood when he sees your # on his caller id. holy $h!t Mike you've dropped some bank this year!

Erikclaw

Reaction score
When Tadd went through my trans I updated to billet. I think the new ones are suppose to be better than the one you snapped a while back, if I remember right.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
When Tadd went through my trans I updated to billet. I think the new ones are suppose to be better than the one you snapped a while back, if I remember right.

yeah, im getting the updated canadian one ;)

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
thanks eric for that monster tune. 60+ lbs of boost and a 3-5 shift equals no more intermediate. it could be the input but i doubt it. all i can say is that ID BIG tune has a hell of a lot more fuel from the first WOT pull. trans only made one shift before it let go ..lol

you didnt break your intermediate you just snapped your input and will have to send your converter in to get rehubed
billet inputs arent even strong enough for the 6.4 weve broke about 4 of them between me and mike

Ipkyss

Reaction score
So I guess I'm closer to destruction on the 310 than I tholught. Or do the aftermarket trans shift that much harder?

Gearhead

Reaction score
you didnt break your intermediate you just snapped your input and will have to send your converter in to get rehubed
billet inputs arent even strong enough for the 6.4 weve broke about 4 of them between me and mike

Is it one of those situations where you should just put up with a little more slip on the shifts to keep the hard parts alive?

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Is it one of those situations where you should just put up with a little more slip on the shifts to keep the hard parts alive?

That has been my thought for a long time. That is what I never understood with the old spartan tunes. Before the excuse was, its the only way the trans will live. Now with the new tunes. Shifting is nice and smooth, yet still good on the trans. I would would rather have a slight defuel between shifts, then have it shift so hard it breaks stuff.

MINK

Reaction score
Ouch, idk if I even want to try the new tune on my stock trans; far les hp still but dayum. Get some #s for us Mike!

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
Ah aren't those intermediate shafts a bitch. I went through one stock one so far fingers crossed on the second stock one and I am waiting to see how the newest version on the billet intermediate shafts hold up to decide if I will put one in next.

Gearhead

Reaction score
That has been my thought for a long time. That is what I never understood with the old spartan tunes. Before the excuse was, its the only way the trans will live. Now with the new tunes. Shifting is nice and smooth, yet still good on the trans. I would would rather have a slight defuel between shifts, then have it shift so hard it breaks stuff.

Not even defuel but just a slightly softer shift. Let's face it, nobody is going to complain about a 700+HP truck needing the transmission gone through every few years.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Not even defuel but just a slightly softer shift. Let's face it, nobody is going to complain about a 700+HP truck needing the transmission gone through every few years.

On the contrary, I can promise you that there are people that would complain about exactly that. "What do you mean it's not bullet proof, I spent $5k on that transmission!". I'm sure that Mike knows better, but people that have never been around racing (not spectating, actually racing) just don't seem to understand that race cars and race car parts don't have warranties.

I'd rather pull my trans and have it freshened every year or two after abusing the crap out of it with a bunch of power than have to pull it every darn time I really get after it because the programming is too aggressive and is breaking parts. Of course...after a while, I would start exploring other trans options if it's going to continue to be a pattern.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Since i am building a truck with a ton of power to tow and drive on the street. I would personally take a trans that can hold 650 HP. Shifts smooth and defuel a little ( not as bad as stock..) that would last a while. I have a race buggy that if its good or bad, the trans gets rebuilt every season. My truck is not a race car. I prefer to have my cake and eat it too lol

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i have no issues with my tuning, just need to find a happy balance of o/d clutches to the shift firmness and raw horsepower. im judging by the fueling that i probaly just gained another 30-50 rwhp.... $HIT blows up at this power level.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online