Another Shaft Bites the dust.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
i dont think there are any other billet shafts out there...their all just TCS parts that get bought and installed from the companies IIRC...

but i think the Canadian TCS intermediate is better than the American TCS intermediate?

And from what Doug was tellin me one day its more a problem with the clutches not disengaging on a shift before the next set engages and causing a binding issue?

im almost positive it has nothing to do with the clutches from what weve seen its from the extremely hard lock-up from part throttle

Do any of you have the new transgo blow off valve kit installed in your trans

Smokin_Joe

Reaction score
Im very interested to open up this trans soon. Mike and I could not get the shifting dialed in on this current trans. The shifting was way too soft for my preference and Mike agreed who normally tunes shifting on the softer side. It has a pump issue.

Here is picture of the first Suncoast trans of the Summer. Broke parts from the 2 mile drive from my shop to home. Didn't make it home. I was pissed!

I guess a bearing in the pump was not in correctly and the coast clutch exploded.

9-2011092.jpg

I think I have $15,000 in transmissions alone on this truck!

OneStockQuik6.0

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue with my 6.0...I keep on breaking the intermidiate shaft and my tranny is built by NADP which inmo is a very good company..

Matt

Reaction score
I've never heard of this tcs canada stuff. Anyone have some links so I can do some reading?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
If you keep breaking shafts it's typically a tuning issue. They break from binding on the 3-5 most the time. The most complex shift with the most happening at once is that shift.

As for the TCS Canada stuff, I'm not positive on who is dealing with them , but elite has started using them as well as John wood.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
If you keep breaking shafts it's typically a tuning issue. They break from binding on the 3-5 most the time. The most complex shift with the most happening at once is that shift.

As for the TCS Canada stuff, I'm not positive on who is dealing with them , but elite has started using them as well as John wood.

He's running Eric tune so I doubt that's the issue
He probly has a cracked valvebody and is causing it to bring on another gear at the same time causing binding

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
He's running Eric tune so I doubt that's the issue
He probly has a cracked valvebody and is causing it to bring on another gear at the same time causing binding

Interesting. Learn something new everyday.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.