Anybody elses truck sound like it falling apart over bumps?

chaselee

Reaction score
Mines a 12' just rolled over 50k and anytime I go over small bumps in a row, like wash board on a dirt road, I swear it sounds like my front doors are going to fall off. Ive seen the video of the guy putting small tubing into his weather stripping, but ive read about numerous people wishing they hadn't done it because then you have to slam the crap out of them. Plus mine sounds more like the door panels themselves. Maybe not, but that's what it sounds like to me. Its pretty obnoxious, especially when your dad (chevy guy) says "this big nice trucks sure rattles a lot". Any input or people that have had this and fixed it please chime in, Im freakin tired of it.

jwalk09

Reaction score
I know a lot of people swap the door strikers to ones off f150s and they supposedly are tighter and fix the door rattle. My panels squeak and it's just the plastic rubbing the metal I think. I guess you could lube the contact points on the panel to help with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TLyons90

Reaction score
Just had the exact same frustration and questioning. Finally decided to do the surgical tubing mod that you see from the guy on YouTube and what a difference!!! Highly suggest doing it as it fixed all my problems and issues. I actually tried and make my own similar video and will be trying to edit and post it shortly tp help further.

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
I have 71,500 miles and don't notice any noises. I do have a ton of stuff in my door pocket (flashlight, screw drivers, measuring tape, Allen key sets) so I guess I don't hear anything over the noise that crap makes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chaselee

Reaction score
Just had the exact same frustration and questioning. Finally decided to do the surgical tubing mod that you see from the guy on YouTube and what a difference!!! Highly suggest doing it as it fixed all my problems and issues. I actually tried and make my own similar video and will be trying to edit and post it shortly tp help further.

Can you tell me exactly what tubing you bought and where you got it?

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
This is what I used. Literally the perfect amount for all 4 doors. Be sure to get some good lube to help slide this tubing through the weatherstripping. This tubing is quality and is very soft.. After a few weeks of opening and closing doors you won't even know it is there.

3/8"OD 1/4"ID LATEX TUBING(804 BLACK) 40FT https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0062OR1E6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_sCSBybYZ6KJ8X

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I know a lot of people swap the door strikers to ones off f150s and they supposedly are tighter and fix the door rattle. My panels squeak and it's just the plastic rubbing the metal I think. I guess you could lube the contact points on the panel to help with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
my panels drive me nuts.. they do that exact thing..

I have lots of wind noise too..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
I'd take a good guess that the majority of the wind noise is coming from the drag created by the mirrors. When is comes to sound deadening, windows are always the weakest link.

Last edited:

chaselee

Reaction score
Ok fellas I just ordered 40' of that 3/8 tubing. I hope that is enough to do all 4 doors.

TLyons90

Reaction score

vansnxtweek

Reaction score
I tried the tubing but ended up splitting my weatherstripping on the door in the process and even after putting it on it just seemed to be way to hard to shut as if the tubing was too large. Be careful when you are sliding the tubing in! I wondered if anyone has tried smaller tubing? I have these noises and it definitely drives me nuts!

chaselee

Reaction score
I ended up just wrapping the strikers in electrical tape. It helped alot surprisingly. Only problem is they a kind of hard to open now.

Latest posts

Members online