Anybody had the BALLS?

OBS F350

Reaction score
whatever man. the 5.4, supercharger, tremec 6 speed, and brembro brakes make it have the right to have those badges. Plus, it will smoke 99% of all other factory cars...ps lambos suck. i drove one a few weeks ago, and i think my "mustang" would smoke it. i would agree with you if you could get a regular mustang with those options, factory... but you cant.

You could just as easily drop a s/c 5.4, 6 speed and brakes to a regular mustang. Its still a mustang.

jacobdewey

Reaction score
Fastest I've ever gone in a diesel was 107mph in the 1/4, because I always obey the law.

Nah, I hit 130 in my duramax, and it was pretty smooth, but the EGT's were a little toasty (1700*)

I don't think I've even hit 100 yet in my powerstroke. It hazes pretty bad at WOT. I need a bigger charger.....dang it. lol

50_shooter

Reaction score
You could just as easily drop a s/c 5.4, 6 speed and brakes to a regular mustang. Its still a mustang.

but that wouldnt be a factory built car, plus, the 5.4 is not the same 5.4 as is in your wifes expedition. it was purpose built for the shelby iirc. cast iron version of the ford gt's engine. cannot get it in anything besides the shelby when i bought mine. i think they are aluminum now..

Wayne

Reaction score
I've been in the 130 range on 38's in my red '08, but it didn't feel near as fast as the bronco at lower speeds. The scariest "high speed" run I ever ran was 118 via gps in my '84 7.3L bronco on 40's. That was a bit sketchy keeping between the lines. That's where it ran out of power on flat ground.

RedRice589

Reaction score
whatever man. the 5.4, supercharger, tremec 6 speed, and brembro brakes make it have the right to have those badges. Plus, it will smoke 99% of all other factory cars...ps lambos suck. i drove one a few weeks ago, and i think my "mustang" would smoke it. i would agree with you if you could get a regular mustang with those options, factory... but you cant.

Not to be a dick. But that's a warrantied and produced item. Goes from the factory to Shelby and they upgrade. Not a "production" mustang but still a mustang lol a very nasty mustang. I will say that for sure. I drove one a cpl years ago and good god. It's like a 2013 but weirdly nastier haha

OBS F350

Reaction score
but that wouldnt be a factory built car, plus, the 5.4 is not the same 5.4 as is in your wifes expedition. it was purpose built for the shelby iirc. cast iron version of the ford gt's engine. cannot get it in anything besides the shelby when i bought mine. i think they are aluminum now..

Just saying that anyone can put the same parts that make a Shelby a Shelby into a mustang. Its not like its a completely different chassis etc. Either way its badass that you can buy a gt500 and have that kind of power off the show room floor with a warranty.

zporta

Reaction score
Lol! A "heavily modified" supersnake? That is hella modified!!!

I have a 09 gt500 that puts 540 to the ground on 3.73's. First gear is totally worthless on stock tires. Its a convertible, so you can imagine what 170 is like with the top down, lol that was fast enough for me.

By the way, a gt500 is not really a mustang, it just looks like one. whole different engine and tranny...

yea its pretty modified....

i have an 07 GT500 that put down 665 to the wheels, i could find a summer tire to hold traction so im on M/t dr's

50_shooter

Reaction score
yea its pretty modified....

i have an 07 GT500 that put down 665 to the wheels, i could find a summer tire to hold traction so im on M/t dr's

what blower are you running?

it amazes me that these cars can handle so much horsepower. mine is a vert, so i dont wanna twist the frame or anything, so i just had it tuned and some other small stuff.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
125mph in my truck and ran outta road...6" lift, 3.73, 37" Nitto Trail Grappler MT's at the time, and on the let off is when I learned I had a worn out trac bar in a slight bump in the road......death wobble and permanent pinch mark's in the seat and other substance that is probably permanent as well. Haven't seen a need to try that again.

zporta

Reaction score

50_shooter

Reaction score

zporta

Reaction score
that is sweet! how much other stuff have you changed? Still 2 piece driveshaft? gearing? Mine is black with red stripes and red badges. Put 3.73's in it to make it easier to drive at stoplights and such.

1 pc aluminum ds, 3.55 gears apposed to 3.31, full suspension, FRPP rear seat delete, custom sound system

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.