anyone run 100% nozzles with max powers?

78f100

Reaction score
I just ordered some 100% 6 hole nozzles for my race truck but its no where near done. I have a race coming up this weekend and thinking about swapping them in place of my 110's on my black truck, just to see how it does. I think I remember reading Shone's truck was running 150% nozzles, or am I wrong?
My 110's are smokey off the line but clean up quick, just wondering how the 100s should do.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
should be just fine, just keep the pulse width down a bit.

Spatel23

Reaction score
I was running 150HP 8 hole nozzles, as noted above.

Not sure what the exact % is on that

bet youd pick up some time. worth a shot imo.

78f100

Reaction score
thanks man. I don't plan to keep them in my black truck too long. When I get the race truck done Im gonna put new injectors with my 110's back in my black truck. Mostly wondering how it will do as a dd with the big nozzles, If I'm careful as it is now I can just about keep it smoke free.

78f100

Reaction score
I have a dmax talking smack I want to shut up...LOL

I have Gearhead and Innovative on it.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I really interested to see how that large of a nozzle will do with the Max powers. I bet you pick up some good power and your time on the black truck drops to 11.6 or so. Good luck and hope to see some good results.

78f100

Reaction score
It would be great if it runs 11.5- 11.6 for my truck. If I swap nozzles I'm gonna put my suncoast he converter back in, my RCD one is a little tight. Hopefully that will help get my 60 ft times down, they have always been slow but it's on 35 nitto mg's. I will let you guys know how it works if I get time this week.

mike@haller's

Reaction score
I'll bet you really like 100% with max powers. Im running 100% with just a 71 atmosphere and I really like the big nozzle. Throttle is really crisp with them.

78f100

Reaction score
I'll bet you really like 100% with max powers. Im running 100% with just a 71 atmosphere and I really like the big nozzle. Throttle is really crisp with them.

Dang seems like a lot of fuel for a 71 but its good to know you like them and it tune able with that much nozzle. Whose tuning?
If they do well I may just keep them in ...:naughty:

mike@haller's

Reaction score
Dang seems like a lot of fuel for a 71 but its good to know you like them and it tune able with that much nozzle. Whose tuning?
If they do well I may just keep them in ...:naughty:

I do my own tuning. 1.2pw is completely clean, It only has a light haze at 1.6pw. 1.8pw is kinda smoky but still makes power. The throttle response is hugely improved over the smaller nozzles. And takes alot less throttle to spool it up when I launch it. Just do the 100s and don't look back. As long as tuning is adjusted accordingly you won't be disappointed.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Slight derail perhaps. PW is Pulse width. I'm assuming that refers to the time length the injector is permitted to open and close so to speak. If I'm correct then the 100% nozzles are not performing to their full abilities right. Or am I not understanding this correctly

Dzchey21

Reaction score
technically yes your right if pw is pulled back the overall fuel delvery isnt as high but you are getting a higher amount of fuel delivered in a shorter amount of time compared to a smaller nozzle.

I agree put the 100s in a dont look back. 1.8 pw is probably all you will need

TXlineman83

Reaction score
technically yes your right if pw is pulled back the overall fuel delvery isnt as high but you are getting a higher amount of fuel delivered in a shorter amount of time compared to a smaller nozzle.

I agree put the 100s in a dont look back. 1.8 pw is probably all you will need

That's what I figured. More fuel In shorter time frame. Now in that same reference does timing get advanced or retarded to accommodate. Perhaps I should just ask this in a thread. Apologize for the derail again

Dzchey21

Reaction score
its technically more advance timing since the same amount of fuel is delivered sooner. However you probably wont see fuel being sprayed out of the bowl since the injection event starts at the same time

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.