Axle shaft upgrades

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Getting ready for DPC and I am trying to figure out if there are any axle shaft upgrades for the rear. I am doing the dynatrac free spin kit which has the stronger hubs and outer shafts for the front.
If there are no rear shaft upgrades considering running them through the cryo. Toss some knowledge my way. :)

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
there is a custom axle builder here in michigan that can do or will find out for you if he cant do! they build a lot of custom jeep stuff with high hp gassers, yes i know its different from a diesel and not sure about a couple thousand ft/lbs of tq, but they do tons of chromoly or 300m builds. he has worked on a couple of my vehicles and i asked about a front end set up and said i would explode lock outs before i broke his axles or u-joints. if it has to do with a axle he can make it or build it. just a thought. here is there website.
http://www.rocksolidperformance.com/

prolly going to need to just call and talk to robert.

Last edited:

78f100

Reaction score
Just be like Jared, carry extras around in the back floorboard. Along with his custom tool to knock out the broke piece (broom handle)...LOL

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Thanks! I am liking the Yukon upgrades, if I have an issue with them I could always go another route. May try the Yukon and keep stockers for spairs. Not sure if the outers on the front axle will work, depends on if the spin free kit altars them at all. Not sure how much stronger Danatrac's outers are but I sent them an email with my questions.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Hey erik check out the 300m dual spline axle shafts from branikmotorsports.com. there a lil pricy but well worth it. I just ordered some, about a 1 to 2 week backorder.

amarillo250

Reaction score
I know a couple of guys in the 4x4 scene with the rocksolid performance stuff on the trucks and they have crazy gearings in the trucks and never a problem with the rocksolid parts after they changed to them.

MINK

Reaction score
Hey erik check out the 300m dual spline axle shafts from branikmotorsports.com. there a lil pricy but well worth it. I just ordered some, about a 1 to 2 week backorder.

x2 for Branik Motorsports - he has great products.

Aaron S

Reaction score
I dont know any facts on the issue, but Tarm commented once about a guy selling the rear axle assembly with the electric locker. He said the axle shafts are larger or have more spline, cant remember. Im guessing the 11 to current trucks have the stronger axles.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I know the next comment does not mean much to these trucks, but I have had good luck with Moser in my 96 Impala (Have not broke one) at full weight getting into the 1.6's 60' with an auto and then 1.8-1.9 with a stick. Compared to the stockers the center part of the axle was the same size as the splines instead of necking down.

Erikclaw

Reaction score

Thanks, will check them out. I would think axles made from 300m should hold up.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
rocksolid has always treated me right. might wanna check with them too... might be better price wise. i think he quoted me at 1100$ for a chromoly front and he said 3000m is about twice as much but well worth it... thats inners, outers, and ujoints. makes his own drive flanges also so that you dont have to worry about exploding lockouts. pretty sure branick is a competitor to rocksolid.

live life full throttle

Last edited:

Erikclaw

Reaction score
rocksolid has always treated me right. might wanna check with them too... might be better price wise. i think he quoted me at 1100$ for a chromoly front and he said 3000m is about twice as much but well worth it... thats inners, outers, and ujoints. makes his own drive flanges also so that you dont have to worry about exploding lockouts. pretty sure branick is a competitor to rocksolid.

live life full throttle

Damn, that is expensive. LOL

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Ended up going with Rany's ring and pinion Yukon upgrades. No question, free replacement life time warranty. For the price, couldn't pass it up.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Yeah, having them shipped to Elite since my truck is still there. No tax since it goes out of state. $250 per side sounded too good. Still have the stockers for back up.

Latest posts

Members online