Bad Dragon Fire...can/should I find another?

Reaction score
It sucks that there isn't any other options. We would go with dual fuelers but its not an option if you want to run workstock. I wish I knew the percentage of failures for dragonfire pumps. I've personally not had one fail but you hear of so many.

jdgleason

Reaction score
It sucks that there isn't any other options. We would go with dual fuelers but its not an option if you want to run workstock. I wish I knew the percentage of failures for dragonfire pumps. I've personally not had one fail but you hear of so many.

If you do a search.... somewhere in the 6.4 section there is a thread about industrial and these pumps. I would check that out before you make a decision. That would be the first hand info you're looking for.

Edit: Found it.
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25074&highlight=industrial

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you do a search.... somewhere in the 6.4 section there is a thread about industrial and these pumps. I would check that out before you make a decision. That would be the first hand info you're looking for.

Edit: Found it.
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25074&highlight=industrial

Yeah I read that when it came out. I even had commented on it. I have done some work with the II pumps and all they are doing is welding up and regrinding the cranks to get stroke. From what I understand their machining/clearance setup is the problem. The eccentric is locking up on the crank and then just destroys all the innards. The only problem is I can't seem to get the journals pressed off the cam without breaking them. Otherwise I would just stroke a new pump from ford so as not to deal with industrial.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Yeah I read that when it came out. I even had commented on it. I have done some work with the II pumps and all they are doing is welding up and regrinding the cranks to get stroke. From what I understand their machining/clearance setup is the problem. The eccentric is locking up on the crank and then just destroys all the innards. The only problem is I can't seem to get the journals pressed off the cam without breaking them. Otherwise I would just stroke a new pump from ford so as not to deal with industrial.

Didn't realize you'd commented in there, my bad.

Reaction score
If industrial made 1000 pumps and 10 failed that's one percent. I just wonder how many people actually have them and failed compared to good. It's just like the news you rarely hear about the good just the bad.

I'm in no way sticking up for industrial. Ask Midweststroker I've advised him against the industrial pump for anything but a purpose built workstock pulling truck. The only reason to consider it is because of the rules around here.

B585Ford

Reaction score
The II pump is the only product on the market like this. It provides an option that no one else offers...the ability to go with bigger injectors and maintain RP without having to go with dual fuelers....and it was pulled from the market. I think that tells ya all you need to know about reliability. Like Sledpull said, for a competition only truck, it is an option, for a DD truck, I wouldn't roll the dice.

Reaction score
10 fail?!?! LOLLOLLOLLOL we alone probably had more than 10 customers with failures.

10 out of how many? I'm just trying to get a gauge for how bad it really is. I know its bad enough that they stopped production. People also have a tendency to blow things out of proportion too.

River city has installed and sold a lot of these pumps with no failures. I've installed many myself with no negative results.

I'm just saying this because I think that there is a market for single pumps. Most people don't want a big ass expensive dual pump setup. With that being said I guess just I'm impartial because I don't make dual pump kits. If reliability wasn't a concern then a lot of people would opt for a single because the majority do not need or want dual pumps.

I mean no disrespect to elite or anyone else who makes dual pumps. Just telling it how I see it.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
If it was legal for 6.4s to run dual pumps I think this thread would have died instantly.

Stupid biased truck pullin rules.. Wish I had a cummins so I could run dual pumps in stock class...

3brorce

Reaction score
If it was legal for 6.4s to run dual pumps I think this thread would have died instantly.

Stupid biased truck pullin rules.. Wish I had a cummins so I could run dual pumps in stock class...

Or you could just run one of Shanes stroker pumps in the cummins haha

B585Ford

Reaction score
10 out of how many? I'm just trying to get a gauge for how bad it really is. I know its bad enough that they stopped production. People also have a tendency to blow things out of proportion too.

River city has installed and sold a lot of these pumps with no failures. I've installed many myself with no negative results.

I'm just saying this because I think that there is a market for single pumps. Most people don't want a big ass expensive dual pump setup. With that being said I guess just I'm impartial because I don't make dual pump kits. If reliability wasn't a concern then a lot of people would opt for a single because the majority do not need or want dual pumps.

I mean no disrespect to elite or anyone else who makes dual pumps. Just telling it how I see it.

I agree...I would be running a II pump right now if it was reliable.

jdgleason

Reaction score

Elite sold more pumps that failed than lived I believe.

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
Fortunately mine is still running strong after about 25k. Let's hope she holds for a while lol

EEEEEHHHHHH powered by this (╯°□°)╯

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Or you could just run one of Shanes stroker pumps in the cummins haha

I know this.

Whats retarded.

Its these local idiots think that a cummins with dual pumps cant make more power than a truck with a single stroker pump, and they argue the "reliability" factor.

Abso***inglutely stupid if you ask me. Cummins guys bitching about single pump reliability.

I wanna pimp slap every single one of them and tell them to pull their head out of their asses and drink the koolaid. I ran an 85% pump for I dont know how long with NO Issues on my 05, it started fine and everything, definitely not as reliable as my dragonfire pump...

Latest posts

Members online