Baffling no start--

CSIPSD

Reaction score
6144d1262741581-help-helpp-oil-cooler-oilcooler3.jpg

attachment.jpg

JohnDeereFarmer

Reaction score
The question is would the difference in coolers have any impact? I don't think I could mess that up looks pretty simple to get on right.... Hmmm ill talk to them in the am about it, I never new that port was there, learn something everyday. At this point I'm happy they have it, they caught some small mistakes I made here and there and I'm not gonna be charged for the vast majority of the diagnosis because I'd already done everything they did and they owed me a favor haha

JohnDeereFarmer

Reaction score
I do know my engine mounts would not work with the van cooler the trucks come out about .5"-1" further than the van to clear the mounts

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I dont think the cooler will matter. I have a van motor, but I also used my Superduty oil cooler.

JohnDeereFarmer

Reaction score
The only other thing (assuming the LPOP is making Atleast 60psi) that I can possibly IMAGINE would be the starter turning it just a bit too slow? Ill have them do the ipr plug test as well, I never thought I'd see the day where I couldn't let alone some of people I've called (Dave and several others) were just like hmmmm lol. I know the 7.3 more than any other truck and never seen this. Gettin to the point it can only be this or that is killing me. Bad pickup tube or plugged tube from sitting would be a nightmare at this point

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Nope, if its cranking it will make enough oil pressure to fill the res... You are getting oil at the res correct? If you remove that cap and crank do you get an oil bath or?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Yeah you get an oil bath

Then I cant see how its a LPO issue at all. Put a mechanical gauge in the res and see what your oil pressure is, but if the res is filling then you dont have a pick up issue, and I cant see the oil cooler being the issue as well.

JohnDeereFarmer

Reaction score
Sorry joe, been out of pocket at work. Talked to them briefly last night, and they think theres a large oil leak behind the rear main. They crawled underneath and pulled the inspection cover, and cranked it and said it was leaking oil. I question whether it was oil/fuel from the valley (got messy diagnosing) and he said they cleaned the motor spotless, re-checked and still had oil coming down, even it if was from the valley it was too much to be that.

Could this be a plug out on the back of the motor possibly? Something that just happened over the course of pulling and transporting and sitting? Im gonna get a quote on it today, were already pretty deep into it and i need my truck back, and like i said these guys arent some bs'ers so i take there word when they say something but even they are chasing a rabbit here.......

JohnDeereFarmer

Reaction score
im also wondering if i forgot something like pedestal o-rings, or they fell off or got nudged off during a turbo instal, would this cause the drastic loss of pressure somehow? Thats is a very good possibility if it would cause a huge oil pressure system drop, as thats one thing i KNOW hasnt been looked at yet.

JohnDeereFarmer

Reaction score
I just dont want something easy make me dig deep into the pockets.....my project truck fund is diminishing rapidly and my DD has become the project haha

CSIPSD

Reaction score
There are plugs in the heads front and back... Doubt thats the issue but... Otherwise there are some LPO plugs as well, but I cant see them causing a no start.

Wish you were closer to me...

JohnDeereFarmer

Reaction score
I know man, im almost half tempted to have them throw a new terminator pump on there just to be 110% sure it isnt either of the two hpops. just seems like a waste of $ if it isnt though. I didnt get the quote today but will tomorrow to see what im looking at cost wise to have them tear into it balls deep and figure this out.

JohnDeereFarmer

Reaction score
They actually dont think its internal, as in a plug coming out, i just got off the phone with the owner and he said it looks like its leaking from somewhere near the extension housing (assuming this is the bellhousing adapter plate?). Theyve been extremely busy but there gonna have it back into the shop tomorrow and plan to start tearing into it i guess.

Latest posts

Members online