• Banks emmisions on tuning?

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Other emmisions off tuning?

Votes: 32 97.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Crazy Canuck

Reaction score
Looking to tune but have questions. Banks offers all emmisions on tuning that seems great or will my engine prefer to be deleted then tuned with something else? The biggest question is for engine reliability and longjevity, what way would you go? Basic horsepower improvements are great but right now the 400 I have is great if I could only get rid of the terrible lag from all the computer controls, and the torque management fun.
Remember engine longjevity and reliability is the main focus.

Banks Emissions on tuning?

Delete and tune?

sootie

Reaction score
dont even consider banks.

find a race mini maxx and delete it. your truck will thank you.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Banks tuning is no bueno. As far as the emissions equipment, thats up to you. You have to decide if you want your warranty, or if you want longevity out of your engine. Its a toss up, because 6.7's have had glow plug tips break off and trash cylinders, valve issues, turbo issues, etc... BUT its been proven that emissions equipment shortens engine life.

Reaction score
Don't listen to the crap. The 6.7 has the lowest warranty claims since the 7.3. They are a damn fine engine. Anyone who says you will have lots if problems probably doesn't own one or is just perpetuating a bunch of crap they hear on the internet.

Sorry rant over.

Now for tuning we have good luck with h&s. Any dpf on tuning will reduce emissions equipment life. But if your buy a delete capable h&s you will be able to delete it later on, whenever your warranty expires or you get bored.

I love the ones I've owned both deleted or not. We have owned 5 6.7's and have had very good luck.

We carry h&s products so let me know if I can help.

Crazy Canuck

Reaction score
Thankx... I live up here north of most of you. -40 last couple days so any tuning has to be able to be down tuned until engine warms up then the timing and fuel can be added for performance, my old 7.3 had a bit of upgrades, 38r single shots and custom tuning 4 link air ride etc. but it wasn't worth 60 grand and it didn't have warranty. I want some performance, better mileage and longevity. Not much towing but about 20% of the time and always under 15,000 lbs with mostly level terrain. I also want to change wheels and tires to 19.5s in the near future. Thankx for everyone's reply so far.

Danny26

Reaction score
Don't listen to the crap. The 6.7 has the lowest warranty claims since the 7.3. They are a damn fine engine. Anyone who says you will have lots if problems probably doesn't own one or is just perpetuating a bunch of crap they hear on the internet.

Exactly!

If reliability and longevity are your main goals, I say leave it stock. From what I've seen they seem to be the most reliable completely stock, saw plenty of stock trucks over 200k when I was shopping around for a new truck. Just my opinion...

04stroker

Reaction score
Mini max and deletes for sure we have a 6.7 woth 150k mes deleted a tuned since day one. We went through a turbo at a little over 100k miles thats been it. I have some in stock. Shoot me a pm if I can help.

Lysons

Reaction score
Thankx... I live up here north of most of you. -40 last couple days so any tuning has to be able to be down tuned until engine warms up then the timing and fuel can be added for performance, my old 7.3 had a bit of upgrades, 38r single shots and custom tuning 4 link air ride etc. but it wasn't worth 60 grand and it didn't have warranty. I want some performance, better mileage and longevity. Not much towing but about 20% of the time and always under 15,000 lbs with mostly level terrain. I also want to change wheels and tires to 19.5s in the near future. Thankx for everyone's reply so far.

This is sounding like Alberta weather LOL

ghohouston

Reaction score

Sorry rant over.

Now for tuning we have good luck with h&s. Any dpf on tuning will reduce emissions equipment life. But if your buy a delete capable h&s you will be able to delete it later on, whenever your warranty expires or you get bored.

I love the ones I've owned both deleted or not. We have owned 5 6.7's and have had very good luck.

We carry h&s products so let me know if I can help.

I wasnt trying to perpetuate anything. I can think of at least two different 6.7's we have had come in the shop that have had glow plugs break off in a cylinder and trash that cylinder. As for the turbo failures, we have had one in our shop afaik, not sure if anymore have gone out and have been sent to ford for warranty, and we have had a couple of trucks already have valve issues. We have 30 or so 6.7's in our fleet. We have also already had a few 6.7 injectors go bad. All these trucks were under 200k. I like the 6.7's and have had faith in them since they were released, but they are not without issues. Now who is to say some of these issues arent caused by d.e.f. or the d.p.f.'s? If it were my choice, it would be to delete it. I was simply sharing my experiences with the 6.7's

Crazy Canuck

Reaction score
The warranty is always a concern, but if the benefits outweigh the risks then I would be willing to forgo some of my engine warranty. The truck has been very good up till now, and there has been three years of testing and development with wonderful results.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
The warranty is always a concern, but if the benefits outweigh the risks then I would be willing to forgo some of my engine warranty. The truck has been very good up till now, and there has been three years of testing and development with wonderful results.

10-4. Thats the only reason mine isnt deleted and tuned is due to not wanting to void my warranty.

live life full throttle

Joshbaker

Reaction score
I dont understand how anybody can even think about walking away from a warranty on a 60k truck. thats just stupid to me. yes i would love to have a 6.7 but i wouldn't buy one that i was going to play with that still had a warranty. what if something did go wrong? im not saying it would but now you have a brand new truck and no dealer is going to fix it under warranty because you deleted it.

bobby9621

Reaction score
WHS

I bought the minimax to delete my emissions down the road when my warranty is up. If you got the money and are in with the dealer go for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Crazy Canuck

Reaction score
I am not that close to my dealer either but I know my dealer doesn't delete warranty on an engine when you change a light bulb in the cab lights. ( he doesn't kill warranty unless there was a good chance what I did was the fault, is what I mean ). And my last truck I bought used had no warranty but the warranty was used up in the first two years and the oasis report came up clean. 2 years 150,000 miles it didn't spend much time in the shop. I bought it and drove it another 8 years tuned it turbo singles straight pipe, drove from canada to Georgia for custom tunes (about 400hp) and it treated me good. This one has been 3 years for me and only 40,000 miles but it is running like a champ so right now I don't have any worries and I do want to drive it another 10 years so maybe deletes and modest programming would be good for it.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
I dont understand how anybody can even think about walking away from a warranty on a 60k truck. thats just stupid to me. yes i would love to have a 6.7 but i wouldn't buy one that i was going to play with that still had a warranty. what if something did go wrong? im not saying it would but now you have a brand new truck and no dealer is going to fix it under warranty because you deleted it.

That's why you keep the factory parts that came off it. If something happens that wasn't related to you driving it hard, put the emissions stuff back on and re install the stock file. It's that simple. Some of you guys are making a big deal about tuning for no reason. These motors are very well designed and aren't prone to problems like the 6.0 and 6.4s are. Most of the time, when something goes wrong on a tuned 6.7, the the drivers fault.

Latest posts

Members online