Bed cover

Emery19

Reaction score
My Access had the Velcro on the sides and locked in the back, but would never seal properly. Would be driving down the parkway and it would be flapping in the breeze even though I made sure all the Velcro was secured. Bed stayed dry for the most part though and it saved my ass in a few heavy rain storms.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mines the same, i have had those issues before as well. just not frequently. i honestly want to get rid of mine for a box. but i use it to much

Vodomagoo

Reaction score
I have a roll n lock on mine. Bought it with the truck used and I am thinking it has been on since almost new making it 7ish years old and it is perfect still. The powder coating on the front box just chipped this year. Other then that it is flawless and has not skipped a beat. The prior owner did have the bed extender from roll n lock which looks awesome but did not come with the truck just the tracks on the cover.

OFFTHEGRID

Reaction score
I did a lot of research and ended up getting the RetraxPro M. It is the most expensive unit on the market I believe. I did't want to as much as I did, but at this point I am glad that I did. Only unit on the market with a Lifetime Warranty. Most others only have 3 years. The RetraxPro M also can handle 500lbs capacity on top. Not that I plan on putting anything on top just nice to know that it is solid

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Have the Pace Edward Jackrabbit on my OBS.

My friend has the Retraxx on his truck, don't care for it as it's all plastic.

Billy T.
[email protected]

I have a retrax pro. No plastic at all. Not sure what knockoff is plastic but all the retrax I own are made of quality aluminum and will withstand a 400lb man standing on the top of it....

It's by far one of the toughest in the industry and industrial used. Between that and rollNLock you cannot go wrong.

We use them daily and they take alot of abuse from gravel roads pipeline right of ways (twisting bed frames) .... there still going strong.

Not to mention as far as looks. None look more sleek and clean than a retrax pro... very clean and flush. And a very beautiful black powder coating. I wax mine about once or twice every two years. Still brilliant as ever.

Last edited:

OFFTHEGRID

Reaction score
The entry level Retrax is made out of Lexan. The RetraxPro is the Aluminum one and is amazing as CATDiezel stated.

Arconalloy

Reaction score
How about throwing some pictures up if yall have any, I'm leaning towards that retrax as of now, it does seem like the "leader" cover out there right now and I'd love to have the remote and lights. I plan on adding more led lighting under the bed rails as well anyone running bed lights?

Platinum15

Reaction score
I know it's not a roll up, but I just installed a bak flip g2 on mine yesterday. Never had a bed cover on any of my trucks but I absolute love this thing. My buddy has had one on his Sierra since 2011 and it still looks brand new. Think I'm going to look at one of the tool boxes they make to go with them.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I've attached a picture. Only one close up I found on my phone.

Attachments

• 20150920_154208.jpg
    20150920_154208.jpg
    496.4 KB · Views: 140

1BD9D7

Reaction score
I have an extang solid fold they are perfect imo, strong enough to stand on or whatever you would consider strapping to top of it, simple to fold forward and has clips that lock it into the folded position. Also very easy and quick to take it completely off by yourself. I lock the tailgate many times because I figure someone else might know how easy and quick it is to remove... Had one for my F150 and now my short bed super duty, they are like 2" tall so if you need the flush fit look elsewhere.
Dad has the backflip G2 which is same price (or maybe a little more) than the extang but I don't like it nearly as much. It seems lighter, more parts to have issues with, and the way it folds up by the back glass just sucks, we were hauling an engine in the bed so we had it folded, standing up by the back glass. There was medium to high wind that day and it was whipping around so bad we took it completely off and luckily it does fit inside the cab (barely) so we didn't loose it.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Here are some pics of my Pace Edwards Jackrabbit cover on my OBS, it's the manual version.

I have a flush rear tailgate gasket which I didn't swap over to. Also, I didn't trim the Bullring stake tiedowns.....just being lazy.

b9dce0cba668fbd5213582378ab3e464.jpg

7ff3f547014b496967ceb01d1886f09c.jpg

Billy T.
[email protected]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

snik

Reaction score
9af68e2747c1753cbbc7aa7632592993.jpg

Extang trifecta on mine. No roll up.
Just folds three times. You can get it off the truck in no time. So I keep the tailgate locked.

NotQuik

Reaction score
Had a Retrax on my old 06 and liked it.

Had a Bakflip on current truck for a few months before I ordered another Retrax. I've been quite content with it.

steven.johnson1

Reaction score
c89cd24ea53ce46f48ff95fd846be97c.jpg

I love my Diamondback 270. I can put 400 lbs on top no problem. The HD version can hold 1600lbs. Don't have a close up on my phone at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LMPirate

Reaction score
Got the truxedo low pro qt on mine. Velcro alwayas stays down, I've rolled it up in freezing weather and unrolled it fairly easy. I'm happy with it

Latest posts

Members online