Blown oil seal on turbo

psduser1

Reaction score
Yessir. Turned the doghouse around, hosed it uphill then back down to the top of a sealed container. Back out about halfway down the container, hosed to the stock location on the inlet tube.
I can get pics, but it'll be friday, working dark to dark right now.
I drain my container every oil change as Arisley said.

Jomax

Reaction score
Yessir. Turned the doghouse around, hosed it uphill then back down to the top of a sealed container. Back out about halfway down the container, hosed to the stock location on the inlet tube.
I can get pics, but it'll be friday, working dark to dark right now.
I drain my container every oil change as Arisley said.

That's what I did, still need to paint the bracket.

20150218_141535.jpg

This is how I did it at the motor

20150218_142807.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
quite positive.. it went out the doghouse and down to catch can then back up... got rid of the catch can and vented to atmo and did the same thing. so i out it back to stock.. my brother wanted his routed to atmo (i advised against it) and i did it for him droping it strait down to the ground.. 6weeks later popped the turbo.. got a used turbo from airfish and a billet wheel from barder and put the ccv back to the intake.

live life full throttle

Did you make sure the hose went uphill right after the doghouse before it went to atmo? It's weird the turbo went out that fast. I put 15k on my E99 with it vented to atmo. And the PO put 5k.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Did you make sure the hose went uphill right after the doghouse before it went to atmo? It's weird the turbo went out that fast. I put 15k on my E99 with it vented to atmo. And the PO put 5k.

nope. right down the side of the block like the t444e does..

live life full throttle

Jomax

Reaction score
nope. right down the side of the block like the t444e does..

live life full throttle

Could that have been an issue? Sucks to hear about your brothers turbo. Could also have been coinsidence. I installed a dp tuner in my cousins excursion. 100 miles later, the top of the trans case had a 1ft crack... trans was a rebuild and someone probably used a case from a wrecked truck...

sniper_101

Reaction score
Finally got time to work on my truck. Rebuilt the turbo (again), and buttoned that up, then pulled the CCV hose. In the hose between my doghouse and the end there was about 1/4-1/3 cup of milky/watery oil residue. Drained that crap out into a cup and sure enough it froze when I left it outside over night. I'm positive that was the cause.

Anyway, CCV rerouted straight down for now, this summer I'll add a catch can and route it back to the stock location.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.