Blue smoke & rough idle at startup then OK????

ckbones

Reaction score
Have 2002 Excursion with 142k miles. Just recently a problem started and it seems to be getting worse. When I start up the Ex blue smoke comes out of exhaust pipe and it idles rough. After a few minutes it clears up and runs like nothing happened. Recently after startup it has stalled after running a minute or trying to move and it took about 3 - 10 second cranks to restart and a large cloud was coming out of tail pipe. It cleared up after that and ran like nothing happened. I was 400 miles from home and once she started I didn't shut it off for 8+ hours.

What has me puzzled is she is not burning any oil or smoking when it is running fine.

I google the blue smoke and it says oil, but I'm not consuming oil and not smoking going 70 mph on the freeway.

Could this be something electrical with any of sensors that the Ex has? I'm puzzled. Appreciate all the help and advice offered. Thank you very much.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
7.3. Cold start over night sit, let her idle 5-10 seconds then stab it full throttle, if it breaks up in the powerband and struggles to reach redline, smokes terrible, 9/10 injectors.