Budget trans build

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
Need some opinions on this converter. I know you get what you pay for but it has a 24 month unlimited milage warenty.......Here is the link. http://www.ebay.com/itm/5R110W-6-0L...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item4841b0c06f

I would like yalls opinion. I am in college and a suncoast is out of my budget. I will post of links to the other parts I plan to use. If it all works out good I might have found a nice middle ground trany setup.

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
How hard would it be to put a stick shift in? Because I found a good deal on a 6 speed with 13k on it.....

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
No but I figured on replaceing everything while I had it all apart so I dont have to do it again. Not going with that converter found a bd one for 900.

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
I guess I might just end up paying a grand for one out of a junk yard then slowly build mine? Or am i just a retard? Confused this is when I would usually trade the truck in but I like this truck.

Denver

Reaction score
If it's not broke don't fix it. Your best bet for a budget would be a Ford reman unit. 2 year unlimited mile warranty.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
No way Id run that thing.

Is your TQ having problems?
Why is that? Just asking for my own knowledge.
I have never dealt with TC's for a diesel but have for gas cars.
I do know the lower priced ones are lower for a reason, like bending the fins over for ex.

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
The truck only has 48,000 on it. I am thinking about takeing it in. If they warenty it great if not o well. Got to pay to play.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Go with what is proven. Why spend money on something that could fail as quick or quicker than the stock converter? It then becomes a waste. Save your money and buy a SunCoast, Precision, or RCD converter when you can afford it. My stock converter last a LONG time with a LOT of abuse.

Spatel23

Reaction score
Why is that? Just asking for my own knowledge.
I have never dealt with TC's for a diesel but have for gas cars.
I do know the lower priced ones are lower for a reason, like bending the fins over for ex.

Its just not proven. I havent been around the diesel scene forever but Ive never heard of that brand and just wouldnt feel comfortable taking the chance.

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
It will b going to ford on monday. If it isnt coverd under warenty I will just take out a lone and build the mo fo.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I would just stay with the stokcker till you can get the good stuff. These stock tq's seem to hold with just a tune pretty well. Depends on your driving style too.

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
I used to tow prety heavy alot.......now I dont tow as much. But I have a heavy foot. What I dont understand is I beat the liveing hell out of my 6.0's did stuff that you wouldthink would kill a trany and never had a problem with it. This one wasnt abused half as bad and it is going out.

When the truck goes to shift the rpms shoot up then it thunks into the next gear. That would be the clutches right. It also jerks and shakes when you put it in reverse. And sometimes when you leave from a dead stop the rpms go up but the truck dosent move then it shakes shuders and off it goes.

Mpoage

Reaction score
I'm gonna guess that its just the crappy superchips tuning that is making you think its going out. I had a bully dog on my 6.0 when I first got it and it wouldn't shift at full throttle to save it's life. I got some innovative tunes and the transmission shifted perfect everytime after that.

Big Stroker 6.4

Reaction score
Sorry bud, but I am gunna go out on a limb and say the Superchips programer super ***ed your transmission.

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Go with what is proven. Why spend money on something that could fail as quick or quicker than the stock converter? It then becomes a waste. Save your money and buy a SunCoast, Precision, or RCD converter when you can afford it. My stock converter last a LONG time with a LOT of abuse.

RCD is just a PI converter, i'd love to know what makes it different than the standard PI converter.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.